California-Los Angeles
Options

invitation wording question

I am getting married at a church and having the reception at another location. I was wondering if any of you ladies who are in the same situation could help with the wording in invitations.
Do I add
"Reception to follow at Clarke Estate"
at the end of the main invitation or do I add that info in the insert?

Also I am having the wonderful gap in time from the church to the reception where do I tell people that? 

and my final worry: in the directions insert do i have to put directions to the church and reception or just reception?
Thanks in advance!

Re: invitation wording question

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put "Reception to follow" at the bottom of the invitation.

On an insert you should do a map of both the church and the reception. Weddingmapper.com is really good for this.  

On the bottom of the map put the time that the reception is starting.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would write "Reception to follow at five o' clock" or whatever time so people understand there is a good size gap.  My friend had like a two and a half hour gap and we went to a restaurant for a light lunch while we were waiting for her cocktail hour to begin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, just specify that the reception will follow at Five o' clock. I actually liked the wording "Reception to follow at Clarke Estate" but that's just me.

As for the directions the only other map(she had the church gap and reception) I've seen has been Knottie Vans, and if I am correct Christina had directions from the church to the reception Undecidedbut I'm not 100% sure! 

You are having Christina make ur invites right? You should really ask her opinion she's great at things like that since she makes a zillion invites. :D Maybe she has a wonderful idea she could suggest, and I know she did an awesome job on Vans' map cux I was gaga over it (I'm obssessed with maps)

HTH and GL!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Reception to follow.

Then a separate insert:

"A dinner reception will follow at the Clarke Estate
    1254 Main St.
    Los Angeles, CA"

Are you hosting people during the gap? I'd put that info on the bottom of the insert as well.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You all always give good advice.

xxquemirasxx : I am getting them done by Christina. I will be asking her as well. I can't wait until I see the look of the invites!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards