Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Questions!

I fell in love with 2 Alvina Valenta dresses that are similar but the only place in the state that has them dont have them in my size to try on. The bridal store said to try on dresses that have a fit like the ones I like and if I like the way it looks they will order the dress special for me. But what happens if I do that and I dont end up liking the way it looks on me? I wont be able to just return it right? Im lost and need help!!!!

Re: Dress Questions!

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Are they larger sizes? The dress I purchased was a size 4 and I tried on a size 16 at the store because that was all they had...it's amazing what some clips in the back can do.    I don't think any dress I tried on were actually my size, but the consultant made them work, to see how they would look.
  • Options
    some places can get the dress on loan from you from the designer every designer is different some dont offer loaner programs and some do some salons will charge you a small fee to get the dress shipped to them for you to try on and then use that money towards that dress if you decide to purchase

your best bet is to call the salon and ask them if its a loaner they are getting for you to try on or what the deal is you may love the dress in person on the hanger and in the magazine or online but once you try it on it may feel weird on you and you hate it.

i bought a mori lee dress sample i tried on was a 22 my size in street clothes the 22 was 5 inches smaller than my waist mesurment so we ordered two sizes up from there. instead of what the size chart was saying 3 sizes up, the bust was so big in the 26 that if i got the 28 i would have had to have way more alterations that needed 
  • Options
    There are larger sizes other places. I'm gonna ask about the loaner thing or see if they can get it for a small fee. I am a size 16 dress size and all the ones they had were "Runway" sizes. I like the dress but just dont want to be stuck with something I dont like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards