Attire & Accessories Forum

Has anyone ordered from UWDRESS.COM?

My favorite BM dress style is on this site but I'm a little worried about ordering from them. There is very limited information on the company. I have seen good reviews of lightinthebox.com, a similar kind of site. I'd feel a lot better knowing that others have experience with uwdress.com. Anyone?

Thanks!!

Re: Has anyone ordered from UWDRESS.COM?

• knock-off site.  read the post at the top of this board.
  • My family owns a bridal shop. The only thing I can suggest is that you don't order online. Most lines (at least lines that they carry) are not allowed to be sold online and the ones you see doing it are knockoffs. I've also heard of small bridal shops having listed dresses online in violation of their contract with the manufacturer and the line was pulled from them and brides couldn't get their dresses.

My mom gets so many people in the store in hysterics looking for something off the rack because the knockoff that they ordered was all messed up, didn't fit, seams were coming apart.... nightmares. They'd tell people to go to their competition before they hear of a bride buy online
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Why risk it?  There are plenty of budget-friendly options out there, and tons of styles to choose from, and you don't risk having to spend MORE money if the dress is screwed up b/c you ordered it from a questionable site. Also, you shouldn't have your bridesmaids order dresses they haven't tried on. Just b/c you like the dress does not mean it will flatter them, and not being able to try it on first would not sit well with me if I were in their shoes. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Save yourself a headache and DO NOT ORDER FROM UWDRESS. I received a faulty product (zipper was not attached properly and came completely off). Icing on the cake, UWDress would not take responsibility of their faulty product! They wouldn't even offer me a refund for what I paid for the dress. Do yourself a favor, a choose a different company to order from. I wish I had. 
  • I ordered my daughter's maid of honor dress from UW Dress - it has been a NIGHTMARE!  The dress came and it wasn't true to her measurements.  Now, trying to get it returned has been sheer torture.  They are trying to deduct my cost for shipping the dress back to them from my refund - which makes them either incredibly stupid or total crooks; or probably both!  I'm just crossing my fingers that I can get something like most of my money back, since I now have to go out and get another dress somewhere else that will actually work!
  • Don't do it - they are from China and they are a nightmare to work with!  I'm still trying to get a dress returned and a refund because it was so totally screwed up and they are dragging their feet.  They are claiming that my costs for shipping the dress back to them will need to be subtracted from the refund they give me - even tho it isn't money out of their pocket.  They are a total rip-off!
  • Worst experience ever. They will absolutely not let you get your money back, and the dresses look nothing like the picture. 
  • jaded76jaded76 member
    First Comment
    Thank you for this, was wanting to order from this site but now I wont, we will do a girls day out ( heck we are just an hours drive from Vegas) and this way it will be fun for all of us. Thanks again for the warning
  • Why there are so much dissatisfaction with UWDress?  I have just seen the BM dresses from my six bridesmaids. They have bought the same color in different style all from UWDress.com. I like them very much. There is no color differentiation among the six dresses. And as they are custom-ed according to their own sizes, the dresses fit them very well. The best part is the dresses au UWDress.com are very cheap which has saved a lot of money for my bridesmaids.  
  • MerrileeWine I find it unlikely that your first post on TK is to defend a knockoff vender from a post that is over a year old. 
  • Molina12340Molina12340 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2014

I know this post is a year after the question and like another commenter, this will be my first post, and that's okay, but I can't say enough good things about UWDress.com.  I understand there are people who only believe in shopping in stores and I can appreciate that, and understand the need for the bonding that may come with in-store shopping. I shopped with my bridesmaids for months at local boutiques and big chain stores alike.  Many of them are on budgets (I can just hear all the naysayers now, things like, “they shouldn't be in a wedding if they can't afford it” or “cost shouldn't matter it's your wedding” and so on...) but these ladies mean the world to me so cost was important to me.  I have 5 bridesmaids ranging from size 2 to a 22.  The larger girls couldn't try on dresses at most bridal shops (for those of you who believe large people should just bury themselves go suck a duck).  So, I looked around online and came across UWDress.  I found a style that I thought would be flattering on all shapes and sizes and it was under $100. I ordered one in the largest girl’s size and 18 days later was blown away when it came in and she was able to try it on.  It was very well made, the color rich and beautiful and it looked wonderful on.  I then contacted the company to see if we could add some items to customize the dress to each girl in the party.  They were MORE than accommodating.  I picked out the style and color and each of the girls then chose a type of strap or sleeve they wanted.  They were able to do this at no extra charge. 4 weeks later all customized dresses are here and they look stunning, and only two need minor alterations. I am happy with the quality and design of the dresses and the bridesmaids are happy they got to have a dress that was customized to them and within a price they were comfortable with. 

I know that ordering online can get frightening, not everything always turns out well, even some of my girls were apprehensive, but in this case it did.  I am truly happy with the decision we made to order from UWDress.com.  

• For those of you who had a good experience, can you post pictures of the dresses you ordered?
  • Here is one of the five customized dresses on one of the girls 
  • I know this post is a year after the question and like another commenter, this will be my first post, and that's okay, but I can't say enough good things about UWDress.com.  I understand there are people who only believe in shopping in stores and I can appreciate that, and understand the need for the bonding that may come with in-store shopping. I shopped with my bridesmaids for months at local boutiques and big chain stores alike.  Many of them are on budgets (I can just hear all the naysayers now, things like, “they shouldn't be in a wedding if they can't afford it” or “cost shouldn't matter it's your wedding” and so on...) That's not something you'd hear around here but these ladies mean the world to me so cost was important to me.  I have 5 bridesmaids ranging from size 2 to a 22.  The larger girls couldn't try on dresses at most bridal shops (for those of you who believe large people should just bury themselves go suck a duck). WTF are you talking about?  Why do you keep making these ridiculous aside comments? So, I looked around online and came across UWDress.  I found a style that I thought would be flattering on all shapes and sizes and it was under $100. I ordered one in the largest girl’s size and 18 days later was blown away when it came in and she was able to try it on.  It was very well made, the color rich and beautiful and it looked wonderful on.  I then contacted the company to see if we could add some items to customize the dress to each girl in the party.  They were MORE than accommodating.  I picked out the style and color and each of the girls then chose a type of strap or sleeve they wanted.  They were able to do this at no extra charge. 4 weeks later all customized dresses are here and they look stunning, and only two need minor alterations. I am happy with the quality and design of the dresses and the bridesmaids are happy they got to have a dress that was customized to them and within a price they were comfortable with. 

I know that ordering online can get frightening, not everything always turns out well, even some of my girls were apprehensive, but in this case it did.  I am truly happy with the decision we made to order from UWDress.com.  

• edited June 2014
    Maybe I am going to to put the cart before the horse, but I don't think so. I experienced uwdress.com as an accommodating website who communicates quickly, clearly, and concisely. My bridesmaids are all ordering this dress: http://www.uwdress.com/p/cinderella-a-line-scalloped-edge-short-sleeve-chiffon-knee-length-bridesmaid-dresses-22964/turquoise.html

I got numerous emails asking for preferences on sheer lacing and beading. I got more emails on extra measurement requests (even to armhole and shoulder to hem measurements). When I mentioned that my bridesmaids were all buying their own dress, they suggested that my bridesmaids should put in the comments to "Make as same factory as [my] order #_____" so that the dye would be the same for all 6 dresses. They also requested the bridesmaids to give specific measurements in comments for FREE custom sizing (usually costs $15). When I mentioned that one girl already ordered her dress with customization attached, they refunded her extra cost, no questions asked. Needless to say, they have gone over and beyond my expectations. To prove I'm a real person, I will attach a picture of one of the dresses I received no less than a week after I completed all of my orders and answering emails. One mere week! The dress, according to my girl, says it fits perfectly and is very well-made. We all paid as guests through PayPal which is meant to secure your card imformation -- another plus! What awesome service.

You may take this with a grain of salt for a few reasons. I have only seen one dress so far -- five more to go. These dresses. This might be a knock-off. Well, yes, but so is most of society. What ISN'T made in China nowadays? You might be a bridezilla and expect perfection. Well, I feel like my service was even better than at David's Bridal (whom did not include cost of tailoring in my $450 wedding dress), but then again, I was very careful to show kindness and graciousness within every email to uwdress. I emailed them by name of emailer and was sure to explain in every email that if a few things weren't perfectly done or done perfectly on time, it was OK. I'm not a queen, things don't have to be perfect, though their concern and consideration was highly valued.

In any case, so far, I am overwhelmed with appreciatation. They exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to shop more in the future. I will update my opinion when all six dresses come in! Hope this helps!
  • @knotporscha, zombie thread.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards