Wedding Party
Options

Gifts for flower girl?

Hey there,
Curious what everyone did for gifts for their flower girl.  Mine is going to be 8 at the time of the wedding, so it's a little tougher.  I got personalized tumblers and Coach clutches for my bridesmaids, and this is honestly a feasible gift for the flower girl as well (somehow she already owns a Coach clutch though, wtf), except that I already ordered them all.  I guess I could suck it up and pay shipping again?  Or do something else a little different for her?

Thanks!

Re: Gifts for flower girl?

• Options
    I got my ring bearer (3 year old niece) toys. So specifics a Melissa and Douglas birthday cake play set and a baking set. I'd get her something she's currently interested in. Does she like books? Get her some books and a gift card to a book store. Does she like jewelry, get a her some sparkly stuff from claires. Does she like My Little Pony? Get her some Ponies! 

If you want to give her some type of keepsake item, go for it, but I'd get her something she'll have fun with too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I made mine bridal teddy bears at Build-A-Bear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We aren't having a wedding party. My 9-year-old sister will be our flower girl and be the only other person with a "job" for our ceremony. I'm thinking of getting her a nice pendant necklace that makes her feel grown up but she can also wear every day.

She's getting older and starting to get into adult things like carrying a purse, pretending she has a real phone, and asking about makeup. I think a "mature" pendant of multiple small CZ stones set like a flower will be something that reflects the day but that she can wear well into her teenage years and likely beyond. It doesn't scream "this is a flower necklace" but looks like a cluster of pretty stones. I am still not decided for sure. It's a nice quality necklace, not a child's novelty, but still affordable enough so if she lost it, it wouldn't be a huge deal.

A friend let her 4-year-old daughter wear real 1 ct gold and diamond stud earrings and was so distraught when her daughter lost one while playing outside in the yard. I don't know if they ever found it. 

I may change my mind about what to get her. Her interests change frequently these days, it seems. I really want to get her something she'll enjoy. With my mother's permission, I may also choose to get her a "wedding makeup kit" that will be things that she could wear and experiment with now and carry with her as her very own makeup bag. My aunt did that when my other sister and I were junior bridesmaids in her wedding, but we were also a little older than 9.

I just want her to be able to enjoy and keep the gift for a long time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    Ask her parents what kind of toys or books she is into.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm getting my flower girl a necklace keepsake as her gift but also some sort of toy or book to reflect her current interests (she's 6). Ask her parents what she's interested in and try to mix up her gift with something fun and maybe also something more memorable? She's 8 so she may be old enough or mature enough to start appreciating things like a simple pair of pearl earrings or a charm bracelet.

• Options
    One of my girls learned that flower girls get gifts. She told me she wants a charm bracelet. In her words it was, "I think you should get me one of those bracelets with the things hanging down all around it."
  • Options
    I bought mine a disney music box. she loves disney and figured it's a keepsake she can have forvever (if she chooses) vs a doll she will get bored of and give away
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Mine was 8 and I got her a pair of earrings and necklace (not to wear in the wedding, just a nice set to have)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards