Ohio-Columbus
Options

Timeline/booking venue

Hi there! We went to visit the Hoover Y on Friday and are planning on booking the Optimist lodge! Just trying to plan out timeline generally or at least how long we will need the venue for.

We're thinking maybe a 5pm ceremony at the gazebo. Not planning on having a bridal party so the ceremony will be short and sweet! Cocktail hour maybe till 6:30, then dinner, dancing etc till 11. Use 11-midnight for cleanup. My question is really how many hours early do I need to book the venue for? We are planning on using a 2 hour slot the Friday night before to set up decorations which should be minimal! Will be doing hair and makeup at home or nearby hotel (either of which would be 15 minutes away), and then maybe renting their on site cabin for the hour before to get dressed... Sorry for the rambling! Thoughts?

Re: Timeline/booking venue

• Options
    If they let you set everything up the night before than I would book it based on my DJ and other vendor needs. the DJ usually needs an hour to setup before guests arrive. Do they charge by the hour or is there a flat fee for a certain amount of time?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    @photokitty It's by the hour.  I checked with them though and they are fine with if I need to adjust the hours after I've already signed the contract/paid 50%.  That's helpful! I wasn't sure what was average for set up! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards