Snarky Brides

Where would you seat a toddler?

Where would you seat a toddler at a wedding? My sister (also a bridesmaid) and her boyfriend have a 2 year old that is in the "let's be crazy at the dinner table" phase. If my sister didn't have a toddler, I would probably seat her with our cousins or some of my friends that she might like. Since she has my niece, I'm thinking of seating them with my mom/the family members that are always around the baby. I love my niece, but I don't particularly enjoy sitting down for meals with her at this stage so I'm assuming that other childless people would feel the same way. Do other people feel this way or am I being bitchy?

Re: Where would you seat a toddler?

• To avoid separating families, I'd suggest you have a sweetheart table and put your wedding party/their SOs/their young children at tables that flank your own.

You can't really ask for this, but if your mom want to sit with her granddaughter (I wouldn't if I were her, but I'm not really a kid person), you might get lucky and can seat her there. Again, she'd have to offer this - if you ask it's going to put her on the spot.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'd seat the 2 yo with her parents.
  • With her parents. As to where her parents are seated, ask them where they prefer to sit.

Our wedding party collectively has 4 kids ages 4 and under. They will all be seated with both of their parents at 2 wedding party tables flanking "head" table with me and H, BM and his wife, MOH and her BF.

• I agree with lolo883. Just ask your sister where she would be most comfortable and where she thinks it would be best to sit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards