Registry and Gift Forum

Registering for a small wedding--a couple questions

My fiancé and I are planning a very small wedding of mostly family, about 20 guests total.  We're making a registry and I am feeling conflicted about it.  There isn't much that we actually need, as we've been living together in apartments/townhomes for several years now.  We're registering for upgrades of some stuff and then some things that are more "wants" than needs.

Anyway, I have a couple questions. 

I'm concerned that we have too many "big ticket" items, but there aren't many small things that we need at all.  Basically towels/washcloths and a couple kitchen gadgets and everything else is fairly pricy (suitcases, dinnerware set, barware).  

I'm also concerned that a lot of the stuff we're registering for is stuff that comes in a set, and if we get some but not the rest of the stuff, we won't be able to afford to complete the set (we are both students with part-time jobs at the moment).

Is there some sort of etiquette around these issues?

Re: Registering for a small wedding--a couple questions

• I would register for things that you can complete if the entire set is not bought.  I'd feel too bad when Aunt Martha came over and didn't see her place settings she got me because I had to return them.  But that's me.

Wherever you're registered.....have you gone through each of the "categories" on the web page.  I did that and found things I didn't even think about.....like nice cutting boards, a new salad bowl, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards