Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

In My Life - First Dance

I absolutely love the song, In My Life by the Beatles, and have always wanted it as my First Dance Song, and FI likes it too. A couple of friends have asked what song w'ere choosing, and we tell them it's a surprise. Then one said "I hope you don't pick that Beatles song... In My Life.  Totally inappropriate for a first wedding."  Does anyone else think that!? Why would it be inappropriate. I'm freaking out a little. 

Re: In My Life - First Dance

• The last line "In my life I love you more" is perfect for you and your (then) hubby.  Everyone has an opinion, but on your wedding day - you can't crowd source the song you and he love and want to dance to.  

It will be lovely....

• Ignore your friends.  Pick a song that has meaning to you.

Incidentally, In My Life will be the last song we will be playing for our pre-ceremony music.
  • People are so judgemental. Ignore them! We are not doing this as a first dance, but FI and FMIL will be dancing to it during their spotlight dance.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks guys!! I was actually freaking out lol
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    It is a nice song.  I also like that it is under 3 minutes.  We had 3 spotlight dances and tried to pick shorter songs for each to keep things moving.
  • If you love it go for it. We picked Jason Mraz I won't give up. If you really listen to the words it talks about that I'm giving it my all and if things don't work out at least I know I tried. Some people were like why would you pick a song that mentions things not working out. We picked it out because it talks about how beatiful love is but that is can be hard at times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards