Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

DB Dress Quailty

Hi, I am hoping you guys can help me out.  I live in New Zealand so I can't actually go to the store and look but there is a DB where both of my BM live (US and UK).  Are there dresses a good quality?  The pictures don't really sell me on the quality.  My mother went and looked at a dress there and said it was really nice.  It's a satin material and colour "pool."  Can you give me your input, please?  They have a dress identical to one I like for $200 cheaper.  I can buy fabric from them to make the FG dress I want so it would work out well.  I just want to know what you think about the fabric and if the dresses look nice.  Cheers.

Re: DB Dress Quailty

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    My dress is from DB. Are you talking about bridesmaids dresses, though? I think the quality of all their dresses is fine.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    For the bridesmaids dresses, I think they're fine. I wore one from DB for my sister's wedding, and actually wore it again (as a guest) to my FSIL's wedding. I think you'll definitely find that the more expensive one is higher quality if you put them side by side, but in general I think the DB dresses are fine. I'm not nuts about the shinier fabrics (to me they show "cheapness" a lot more than chiffon or cotton dresses), but that's my only caveat.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I agree. The shinier fabrics definitely look cheaper.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Sometimes you do get just what you pay for. I think DB is exactly that. It's not overpriced. You're unlikely to get a $2500 gown for $600. You get a $600 gown for $600.
  • Options
    Thanks.  And I'm looking at the dresses for BM, not me.  

• Options
    I love my DB Vera wedding dress...but in my bridesmaid sitatuons, I have been lucky and gotten really good quality too.
  • Options
    We used Alfred Angelo for the BM dresses (similar to DB) and I'm happy with the quality. They are also the chiffon-type material PP's mentioned. I asked my girls what material they preferred and none of them wanted satin, LOL.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Like others have said, you get what you pay for. The quality of material for BM dresses is fine, but not going to be the best. I will add that my best friend is in a wedding this weekend and her dress is DB. It is the chiffon material in yellow. Her seamstress told her that the fabric was pretty good quality because if it weren't her dress would be see through. 

• Options
    I think the quality of their BM's dresses is fine. You have to remember that your girls are only going to wear these for one day anyways. They don't really need them to last through multiple cleanings and wearings or anything.
  • Options
    They are nice. I liked it for my girls because I told them a color and what length I wanted and let them pick a dress they felt comfortable in & fit their budget. Amazingly they all feel in love with the same dress. They all looked beautiful and they didn't look like cheap dresses. I think what can make it look cheap is when the style of the dress doesn't flater the person wearing it or it's not altered correctly to their body. Three of my girls were actually able to find their dresses on e-bay, we got them dry cleaned & they were as good as new.
  • Options
    I recently bought my daughter a dark blue formal dress for $79 on their website.  She did her own alterations.  She wore it last night at an event with a live feed telecast.  She looked beautiful, and she loved the dress.
    David's bridal fabrics are polyester, as are most low to mid-priced wedding gowns.  I think you can ask them to mail you fabric swatches.  There might be a small charge for this.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards