Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

When to open the church doors??

So my FI doesn't want to see me before the wedding so to avoid rushing for pictures during cocktail hour, we are going to do some before the ceremony at the church Like groom, groomsmen, and his family while I'm still downstairs getting ready at the church on the alter. Then me, my bridesmaids, and my family. My question is though for a 5pm ceremony with a relatively small wedding in a small country church (looking at about 75 guests): when should we be done with pictures to open the doors? I think it would be rude for people to wait outside for a few minutes while we get a few pictures (or am I wrong?) How soon do you usually arrive to a wedding and would think the doors should be unlocked and ready for you to come in? Thanks!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to open the church doors??

• Options
    The doors to the church should be open several hours before your wedding.  This is important for florist deliveries, etc. When you are going to take pictures, you station groomsmen or family volunteers outside the doors to keep people in the narthex.  You can open those doors when you are finished.  What if it rains?  You can't ask your guests to stand outside the building in the rain!  You should finish your photos at least one half hour before the ceremony.
    I did this at my wedding, and it worked great!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I agree with pp, try to have all your pre-wedding photos done at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of the wedding. Have someone on door duty is a great idea but be willing to accomodate if the weather doesn't accomodate. If you don't want anyone to see you prior to the ceremony, do any photos with you first.
  • Options
    I planned on being done at least 30 minutes, but I didn't know how many people actually show up before then.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think they need to be open for at least an hour. Can you find a different location to take the before pictures? I did mine at my home & H did his at his parents' house. If not, I think people would just sit quietly while they got their pictures done, if there isn't any way to avoid it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards