Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Veil or no Veil

When I purchased my dress I decided not to buy the veil, the veil was 1/3 the price of the dress so I wanted to think about it.  I have since decided on a hair style and I am not sure if I need a veil.   I would realistically only wear it for the ceremony and a couple pictures, so I don't know if its practical.  Any opinions would be great!  I have included photos of the dress with the veil, without the veil and my hair.

Thanks
image           image

image     image

Re: Veil or no Veil

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I can't see any of the pictures.
  • Thanks for reposting- I couldn't see the original pics either. Are you wearing the dress with or without the straps? Looks great on you. If you don't want to spend so much on the veil, you don't have to get the exact "matching" expensive one. You could borrow one from a friend or get a cheap one.

Totally up to you! I don't think the hairstyle makes much of a difference (but it looks really good!). I am chosing to do a lace & pearls headband piece instead. I tried on a friend's veil just to see and decided it wasn't "me". Ask your fiance is he really has his heart set on one, mine did not.

• I am adding the straps, but the will be detachable, so I could take them off at the reception. He really doesn't care either way. Thank you for your opinions :)
  • That veil is lovely. For a cheaper alternative, ladies here have recommended Whitedovebridal.com.
  • It looks lovely with a veil.

• It looks beautiful both ways, however if you aren't dead set on having one then I'd skip it and put the money towards something else in the budget or just save it for later. Personally I am not wearing a veil, I just don't like them on me or with my dress.
  • I didn't have a veil and never regretted. I find that some women get one out of a sense of tradition. Too me it was a waste of money. Each to their own.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I think you look more bridal with a veil.  Bridal shops mage huge profits selling veils.  We used this site and saved hundreds.

http://www.whitedovebridal.com/

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I think you look more bridal with a veil.  Bridal shops mage huge profits selling veils.  We used this site and saved hundreds.

http://www.whitedovebridal.com/

Funny you say that.   As you know we were living in the islands when we got married.   At some point DH says to me "you aren't going to be wearing one of those mosquito net thingies over your face are you?".

All I could do was laugh.  I didn't want a veil anyway, but that comment solidified my choice.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • It looks good with the veil, but you don't have to wear one if you don't want to. I didn't wear a veil, I just wore a headpiece with some bling and it looked fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards