North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Inexpensive DJ for small wedding

Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive DJ for a small beach house wedding (approx. 45 people)?  I'm hoping for someone with a small footprint too because I'd like to keep as much space for dancing as possible.  Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive DJ for small wedding

• Options
    I don't know of any DJ's in the OBX because we didn't really research them for our vow renewal, but since you want a small footprint and are having a fairly small wedding...what about hiring a live musician? They actually seem to be appx the same or even more reasonable than hiring a DJ (we hired a DJ for my daughter's sweet sixteen). We were going to use Brent Nultemeier of SoulOne Music. We loved his style, it fit us very well, and he can do anything from solo acoustic guitar/vocal to a full band. Since then we've decided we're going a much simpler route and just taking our whole family out to a nice restaurant after our ceremony...no music. Instead we're going to try to catch one of his shows while we're there. Anyway, the info he sent me stated his packages start at $200. I don't know if he'd be your style or not...but even if he isn't there are many talented musicians on the Outer Banks if this is a route you might be interested in. Just a thought... :)
  • Options
    DJ John Harper is quite popular. If I remember correctly, his rates are $200 an hour and I highly recommend him. Great to work with, easiest vendor by far.

• Options
    John Harper!!!!! I agree, easiest vendor and very nice guy! Did a great job at our 6/16/14 wedding with 64 guests! Table and plug for his computer all that were needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards