Chit Chat
Options

Did you have to call a lot of people??

The 26th was the RSVP deadline for us. I'm a little shocked at the number of invites that did not RSVP... On Monday I will start calling / messaging people. I am giving them the weekend in case anyone mailed it yesterday or the day before.

Did anyone else have to call more than just a few people?

Re: Did you have to call a lot of people??

• Options
    Just a few for us.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We only sent 12 invites and got 10 back. Who didn't send back RSVPs? My Dad and FI's Mom. Funny. But we know they are coming so we didn't even call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My dad refused to send his back b/c he wanted to save it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    See! That makes me feel better - I'm claiming them as normal then cuz that's totally what they did!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    100 guests did not not RSVP - this was more like 50 Invites but seriously?? A lot of phone calls are still being made for our June 19 deadline. People are just rude.

image   image   image

• Options
    I had over 20 people who didn't RSVP by the time our deadline rolled around, so we had to contact quite a few people.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    100 guests did not not RSVP - this was more like 50 Invites but seriously?? A lot of phone calls are still being made for our June 19 deadline. People are just rude.
    Ick. But I know this is going to be FIs side of the family. They assume we know. I hate that. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    As of now I have about 25 people to call.
  • Options
    So many people had to be called.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    See! That makes me feel better - I'm claiming them as normal then cuz that's totally what they did!
    FI's parents are keeping theirs. If they had told us that, we would have saved a stamp!
  • Options
    hlvonb said:
    I have a lot more than 25, but I'm having FI call his side. His friends assumed they only had to RSVP if they were coming... Most of them are married or engaged, so this kills me. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    OMG, I would be so embarrassed if someone had to call me because I didn't return an RSVP card. I don't know how people are OK with themselves on that.

I was late getting my cousin's RSVP back to her, because I didn't know my work schedule, but as soon as I knew (the day before the date) I emailed her my answer and told her the card was going in the mail the next day (and it did). She appreciated knowing on time and getting the card eventually.
  • Options
    They want to save the RSVP?  My parents want to save their invite.  Do they want to keep the set intact or something (RSVP, Info card, return envelope)?

Our invites are pretty (I'm biased though) but I don't think an RSVP card is worth saving.  Such memories!  Chicken or beef?  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    penguin44 said:
    hlvonb said:
    I have a lot more than 25, but I'm having FI call his side. His friends assumed they only had to RSVP if they were coming... Most of them are married or engaged, so this kills me. 
    @penguin44

Yeah we have it divided up between those my mom is going to call (her friends) and who my fiance and I are going to call.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    My parents wanted to keep theirs as well. They were also collecting the RSVPs so it would have been stupid to mail it to themselves.

We had to contact 5 people. 1 couple wasn't coming but they said they sent back their RSVP (courtesy invite on my husband's side). My husband doesn't believe they sent it back, though. Another one was an older woman on my husband's side, that really wanted to come but she was having health issues, so she waited until the last minute to send her response that she couldn't come. And another was my friend who was waiting to see if her boyfriend could get off work. 

I also really like saying husband!

• Options
    About half of FI's side needed to be called. All but 2 of mine responded.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We only sent out 30 invites, but ended up having to call about 20. Most of our friends assumed we knew they were coming and some family wanted to keep the RSVP's, but we got in touch with everyone. Some, not only did not RSVP, they didn't block their rooms in time and are now upset they have to stay at another hotel because the unbooked rooms were dropped after a certain date. I'll never understand that. lol Gotta love procrastinators. 
  • Options
    We actually didn't have to call anyone... I was really shocked....

Anniversary

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We had quite a few people not RSVP, but for the most part it was people that we knew for sure were coming or were pretty sure weren't, so we only bothered to make a few calls. We didn't have any surprise guests show up, but we did have 6 yeses that didn't show, which is even more irritating. A couple of them had a good reason but a phone call would still be nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards