September 2012 Weddings

Do you know anyone that has your dress?

So I had a total creeper moment the other day and had to share... I just friended some co-workers on facebook and was looking on one of their pages and saw she was friends with another co-worker. I clicked her picture and I see that she got married in "my" dress. So I went over and told her "I hope this doesn't creep you out but...." She laughed and we agreed that great minds think alike.

Do you know anyone that has worn/is going to wear your dress?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you know anyone that has your dress?

• I haven't encountered anyone who is wearing "my" dress in real life or on theknot.  I did have mine custom-ordered in a different fabric (it comes in a raw silk and I paid an upcharge to order it in satin), so unless another bride does that my dress will stil be a little different.

I wouldn't be upset if I knew someone else who wore it, I don't own the design and it might be kind of neat to have a dress twin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Yes, a co-worker who is getting married in October has the same dress! She even bought it from the same bridal shop!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • No I don't know anyone.  Though in that thread last week or the week before someone said they had tried on my dress.  I'm sure plenty of people do because it was a David's Bridal dress so mass produced.  I wouldn't mind so long as I didn't discover it while I was with FI (pre-wedding) because I'd probably say "OMG she has my dress" without thinking.  And he hasn't even seen a stock photo of my dress so it would totally blow it.  Otherwise I think it would be fun!
  • That hasn't happened to me yet but who's to say it wont!  I remember for my senior prom I got my dress when visiting relatives and some girl from my HS showed up in the same dress... weird!
  • i haven't seen anyone with my dress. there's one girl on the attire & accessories board who has a really similar dress (same designer, same collection), but she's the only person i've encountered to even have a dress by the same designer.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • No, I don't know anyone who has my dress.  I think it would be fun though!
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • When I was going in to order my gown, I put the sample on again just to make sure it was what I wanted. I was beaming and my mom and I were talking about how gorgeous and comfortable it was. The consultant said "Yes, it is gorgeous. Actually that was my dress for my wedding." It was really nice to talk to someone who actually wore the dress and could tell me how it went for her. Other than that I don't know anyone else who has my dress.

My mom told me many years ago a friend of hers and one of my cousins wore the same dress the same year (they didn't know each other at all). She said it was amazing how one dress could look totally different on two different people.

• I did encounter a girl who had my same veil though!  It's a heavily beaded Erin Cole veil.  She was trying on her wedding gown and I was trying on mine right next to her.  Our consultants went to put our veils on and they were identical!  It was kind of fun.  I will say, I thought it went better with my dress, which made me happy, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I haven't had that either. Maybe because even though I bought my dress last year it was from a 2009 collection that a local bridal store still had. I also have a reception dress that I fell in love with and they put it on sale and I got it when it was originally $1200 and I got it for $260 including tax. Even if someone else has it the deal is too great to be sad or anything lol.
  • Nope, no one I know has my dress. I have been searching the internet for real brides in my dress.
  • I think another girl on this board has my dress but I can't remember who!  I've also seen it on SYTTD and I agree that one dress can look so different on different people.
  • I've never seen anyone with my dress or one that looked too terribly similar.  Mine has been discontinued for several years, so unless it's pics from years ago, I doubt I'll be seeing any.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Romora (she posts here) has the same dress as me! Maybe she will stop by. I'm also kind of obsessed with finding brides online that are wearing my dress. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I've never seen anyone with wine besides one girl.  It is a 2005 collection and they just retired it this year.  I'm one of that last to be able to order it.
  • I went to DB and got mine, after I tried mine on and was trying on others, I noticed another girl wearing the same one, and she ended up getting it too. It was 3 years old and retired this year so I got one of the last ones, like Dirty.
    I am changing mine up quite a bit though- deepening the sweetheart neckline, replacing the flower with bling, adding thin straps and cutting out the crinoline to make it less poofy.
  • I know no one wearing my gown.  That's probably because my gown is from the fall 2010 Reem Acra collection and is not readily available in salons.  I really wanted to find pics of other brides in my gown so I could get ideas for accessorizing.  Oh well.  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• We have been engaged for two years so I have been to 6 weddings this past year and another two before mine this year, I have an irrational fear that one of my FI's cousins for friends is going to pick the dress I picked lol!  Only two more to go, cross your fingers! lol!
  • Not personally but one of the brides on Bridezilla had my dress a few months back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards