Pre-wedding Parties
Options

discrepancy with bach party

FI and I have always talked about having a co-ed bach party. My MOH and the BM both know about this and are willing to work together to plan everything. Well my cousins, who are BM's have apparently been talking among themselves about my bach party. They told me they had all the ideas planned and everything. I told them we wanted a co-ed party and that the MOH and BM knew what we wanted. They said no to the co-ed bach party and that the bach party wasn't for me it was for them to enjoy themselves. I didn't make much of it but things have changed since this conversation. 

My MOH found out 2 weeks ago she was pregnant. She and her FI are now having a JOP wedding next week where I will be the witness/MOH. By the time of my wedding my godchild will be about 5 months old. I don't know if she will be able to be involved in the planning now or anything else she and I had talked about. I have another bff who was going to be second MOH but for some issues with FI she wasn't. She too is on board with the co-ed bach party. 

Should I talk to both of them and tell them about what my cousins are planning and that it is not what I want? I feel like it would be rude of me to say to my cousins that they will not be planning my bach party if it is not the co-ed one.. 

Re: discrepancy with bach party

• Options
    Decline the party your cousins are planning. you do not have to go along with parties you don't want. They are out of line to try and force it upon you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am having similar sitation with my girls as well about my bachlorette party. They want to go clubb hopping and that is really not my scene. I expressed to them that is not something I would want to do and was also told to "relax, and let them plan it". I told them I would have to decline the party if they pushed to do something I was not comfortable with. You don't have to be forced to do something you don't want to do.
  • Options
    Tell your cousins no, you are not going to accept a party that is "for them and not for you" as a bachelor/ette party for you.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Whenever the topic comes on I will tell them if they want to do crazy things they can party by themselves but that I don't want that kind of bachelorette party and I will be attending the co-ed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards