Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Guestbook

Is a guestbook required? (Outside of making it easier to track down people for thank-you notes, which I assume is one of the primary purposes.)
What do you do with it after the wedding?
Does someone really need to hover over it/tend to it like in the movies so people will actually sign?
Is there anything I need to know about guestbooks that isn't completely obvious? ... or even anything that IS?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Guestbook

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

No they are not required. If you dont want one, dont have one. It doesnt have to be an actual book for people to sign. Mine was a poster and people signed the borders. It hangs in our basement.

FWIW, I have no idea how a guestbook would help with thank you notes. I have never seen someone write their address and what they gave you in a guest book. Only their name.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You don't have to have a guestbook. I did one of the photobooth album ones. 

Anniversary
  • Not necessary. And even if you do have one, no one needs to attend to it or make sure everyone signs. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you, ladies! Armed with this info, I will we will simply do without.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, we only got one because we had one of those coupons for a free one through Shutterfly or something.  Otherwise, we probably would've skipped.

Ugh, my uncle made me a "guestbook attendant" when I was around 10 years old.  Even then, I knew it was bullshit.  
    Anniversary

• Yeah, we only got one because we had one of those coupons for a free one through Shutterfly or something.  Otherwise, we probably would've skipped.

Ugh, my uncle made me a "guestbook attendant" when I was around 10 years old.  Even then, I knew it was bullshit.  
    I think I got one from Shutterfly too, but when I started to tinker with it, it wanted me to add all these little time consuming customizations... nope, not committed enough to having a guestbook to bother with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had wine bottles at each table with silver sharpies for everyone at each table to sign. We put them into storage & pull them out & will drink one bottle each year for our anniversary. This way we'll actually look at the signatures again.
  • We did a shutterfly book with our engagement pics as our guest book.  It's on our mantle now. 
  • I think we are going to do a Peachwik guest book, its a poster and we can frame it later. They have them in designs of trees, retro circles (which is the one we are doing), and even ocean animals. However, we haven't thrown out the idea of shutterfly either as I have a coupon for there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards