Chit Chat
Options

Nwr. Fishies

H and I went to a local Carnival tonight and we played the fish bowl toss. And we won two fish. We also ate funnel cake. OMG FUNNEL CAKE.

Anyway, here's Latrice Royale and Bruce. We're debating what aquarium to buy for them. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. I haven't had fish since I was a kid. We kept fish at my Aunts, and even the fair fish lived a decent amount of time. 

Anniversary

Re: Nwr. Fishies

• Options
    edited July 2014

Get one with an excellent filter.  Goldfish are dirty fish!  They're cute, though!  Good coloring!   :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    LARGE AND IN CHARGE. CHUNKY YET FUNKY. THAT FISH IS LATRICE MOTHERFUCKIN ROYALE.

You picked excellent names.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @mrsmorales2be The two on Amazon we're looking at (that come with filters) have good reviews. Just debating how much money we want to drop. 

@Kimches They had deep fried oreos too, but they called them funnel cookies. Whatev's, they're deep-fried oreos and AMAZING. I've seen that restaurant on Travel Channel too! (When we have tv on, it's usually Food Network or Travel Channel.) 

@beethery Thanks!

Anniversary
  • Options
    luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014

Do you have a walmart near you?  You need at least a 10 gal for 2 goldfish, and I think walmart sells a decent kit, perhaps marketed for "glo-fish".

I think I remember it being like this one, only nowhere near this price (maybe $50?):

http://www.amazon.com/Perfecto-Manufacturing-APF50000-Aquarium-10-Gallon/dp/B00BUFTBI6/ref=sr_1_28?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1404533158&sr=1-28&keywords=10+gallon+aquarium

ETA: Here is the walmart one I was thinking of: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Glofish-10-Gallon-Aquarium-Kit-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/29114304

If you have the room, a 20 gal would be even better: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Culture-Aquarium-Starter-Kit-20-Gallon-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/24808067

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I just ordered a 10 gallon. We'll see how we do and consider upgrading at a later time. But thank you for the reference!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Aww, fishies!!

All of this fair stuff keeps making me think...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Would it be acceptable for me to have my bachelorette party at the county fair?
  • Options

That sounds way more fun than most bachelorette party ideas!
  • Options
    I would so go for that, just not in my county.  Our fair is pathetic.  State fair, though?  Oh, hells yes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So. H and I just got home to set up the tank.

Latrice is dead. 

Bruce aint looking that great either. 

Oh dear. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    kimches said:
    Fair fish never live long :(
    Some do, I was hoping for more then a day though. Ah well. It just kinda sucked coming home and there's Latrice on her side. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    RIP Latrice
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    kimches said:
    Once my sister won two beta fish (separate wins, separate containers) at the fair and within a couple weeks both jumped out of their bowls in the middle of the night (different nights) and we found them dead on the counter the next day. It was...weird. Since you have the tank now, you should go to the pet store and buy a few cool fish to keep Bruce company.
    I'm not sure Bruce is gonna make it. I put food in his temporary bowl about a half hour ago, and he hasn't eaten it yet.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Don't over feed Bruce!
  • Options
    Don't over feed Bruce!
    This is the first time we've fed him since he came home last night.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Did you treat the water to take the chlorine and metals out?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    So. H and I just got home to set up the tank.

Latrice is dead. 

Bruce aint looking that great either. 

Oh dear. 
    It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick!
  • Options
    Kelani23 said:
    We have well water, so chlorine shouldn't have been an issue. 

Bruce did eat his food, and he's looking relatively normal. He might just be lazy. 

I'm working on setting up the tank now, and tomorrow I'll be taking in a water sample to the local pet store to check my levels. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    kimches said:
    chibiyui said:
    Kelani23 said:

Bruce did eat his food, and he's looking relatively normal. He might just be lazy. 

I'm working on setting up the tank now, and tomorrow I'll be taking in a water sample to the local pet store to check my levels. 
    Maybe Bruce just finds well water as icky as I do? I dated this guy in college who had well water. I couldn't stay over night like ever. The water smelled like sulfur and rotten eggs. I had to sneak bottled water in the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth because the well water quickly induced vomiting when I brushed my teeth and tried to rinse my mouth with it. His mama made us tea with the well water and I had to drink a glass to avoid looking rude...it tasted like what I imagine toilet water tastes like.
    Wow.

Yeah, our water isn't anywhere near that level of what the fuck.

It's actually pretty decent. I am not bothered by it.

Of course, I also drank Philly water (Brita filter, what what) for 4 years, so who knows. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Funnel cake is the best.

I had a goldfish carnival survive for 6 years we kept in a salad bowl we just changed the water every week and fed him the standard goldfish food.  I was shocked the thing lasted so long....

Anniversary

• Options
    kimches said:
    chibiyui said:
    kimches said:
    chibiyui said:
    Kelani23 said:

Maybe Bruce just finds well water as icky as I do? I dated this guy in college who had well water. I couldn't stay over night like ever. The water smelled like sulfur and rotten eggs. I had to sneak bottled water in the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth because the well water quickly induced vomiting when I brushed my teeth and tried to rinse my mouth with it. His mama made us tea with the well water and I had to drink a glass to avoid looking rude...it tasted like what I imagine toilet water tastes like.
    Wow.

Yeah, our water isn't anywhere near that level of what the fuck.

It's actually pretty decent. I am not bothered by it.

Of course, I also drank Philly water (Brita filter, what what) for 4 years, so who knows. 
    The guy didn't think anything was wrong with it. He was so used to it that he couldn't smell or taste it, even after being away from home for a semester (we went to his house on a school break).

I take it Philly has bad tap water?

Maybe you should set Bruce by the tv or a laptop and watch Finding Nemo with him. Tell him to just keep swimming.
    It's not the worst. But it's not "good" either. 

I've lived around tap water that didn't taste right before. Ours isn't bad. It's not the best (My Aunt in super rural PA has the best I've ever had) 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards