Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

DJ with slideshow package?

Howdy! 
My fiance and I are getting married in October at Paradise Cove in Southlake. I REALLY want to have a video slideshow of us (as I'm a huge scrapbooking person and I just need to do this). 
Problem is, the venue does not have a projection. I've been told that a lot of DJs have a slideshow option- they bring the projector, monitor, cables, usb hookup, etc. (It would be coming from my laptop) . Anybody have this at their wedding? 

Re: DJ with slideshow package?

• Options

We looked into it with our DJ and while they had the capability, their fee to use the equipment was a bit much IMO. If you have already hired a DJ, I would definitely reach out to them to see if they can provide this service. Many DJ's now have comprehensive A/V packages available.

I've also seen people just put out a digital picture frame or iPad near the guest book with a slideshow, which is an alternative to the projector and way less costly (and just as nice!).

• Options
    I think we rented a projector separately for our RD and just hooked up a computer to it. I will check with MIL to see where she got it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks! They do have a TV in the reception room, but I was hoping to have music with the slideshow. (so i guess I'd need speakers as well). 
  • Options
    Okay, apparently we borrowed the projector from an acquaintance, so I'm no help.

However, you should be able to rent one from tons of camera places. And your DJ could handle the sound, I'd imagine.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @MedinaAAA89 - It's a bad sign when you need to advertise your husband's business.  Is he not getting business currently?  Why not??  The best vendors are the ones that don't advertise because they get business by word of mouth.  I'd be very wary hiring anyone that obviously isn't getting enough work in and needs to promote the crap out of themselves on a message board.  
  • Options

We borrowed a projector from MIL's assistant and used my laptop....what we should have done was get external speakers too, which we didn't, so it was slightly quieter than I would have liked but it still worked pretty nicely :) I'd suggest getting a projector from anyone you might know, or renting one.

• Options
    jennykay85jennykay85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Definitely ask around regarding borrowing a projector, if not a rental would suffice.

You need:
    • Laptop.
    • VGA Cable to connect Laptop to projector (or HDMI if both are really new).
    • Projector.
    • Small table or cart to put it on, with cloth to cover if it's not pretty.
    • Extension cord for power with 3 plugs.
    • Way to secure the extension cord so it isn't tripped over.
    • Large desktop speakers (if you have a multilevel cart you can often put them underneath, the fabric obscures them without hampering the sound)
    • White/light colored wall or screen
    • Delegate someone to turn off/on the lights
    As for the DJ, if your DJ doesn't provide the projector he might have trouble hooking up to it via cable, due to the length of cable required. Honestly, if you want to go with the DJ, laying a wireless mic down next to the laptop speakers usually sounds just fine for music. Just be sure to adjust your laptop volume to about 80%. Assign someone to laptop duty and have them do a test/rehearsal as soon as the DJ is setup.
  • Options
    Well, so far I haven't been able to find anybody to do this. Found the perfect DJ, but he doesn't do slideshows. 

Getting quotes on projector/screen rental and it all were no less than $1,000. I'm ending up just doing the slideshow at the rehearsal dinner (restaurant with a TV)
  • Options
    almorine2014almorine2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I know a DJ that can do it and I bet it is inexpensive. they actually put together the slide show and provided a screen and projector..we paid like $600 but that included putting the slide show together They are All Access DJ. www.allaccessdjdfw.com. They did our wedding and were amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards