Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Serendipity Beyond Design ---> beyond disappointing

jenijoykjenijoyk member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment

I searched on these boards to see if anyone else has used "Serendipty Beyond Design" for their wedding invitations, and I couldn't find any reference to them. So I thought I'd post my thoughts in case someone comes here in the future looking for others' experiences.

I found them via etsy (I think), was impressed by the really unique designs on their website, and was SUPER excited to work with them for our custom wedding invite suite. Our wedding theme is Old Hollywood/Old California, our wedding color is gold, our decor is sparkles and sequin heavy, and we really wanted to get something custom and unique that fit our theme and colors.

I got my first round of proofs back last week and they are SO BEYOND AWFUL, it's almost hilarious. They got our wedding date wrong on the front of the RSVP card; in one place they shortened my first name to a nickname that I have never used (whaaaat?); they didn't use my wedding color anywhere, at all, in the invite or RSVP card (?????); the lines of text on the RSVP card were not lined up and formatted really oddly... I could go on and on.

The most annoying part of the whole experience was that before they start on your invites, they send you a rather long quesionaire with a ton of questions on it. We spent about an hour on it - "Describe the look and tone of your wedding. Describe your inspiration." - the document also asked us to send them a curated pinterest board of images we'd like incorporated into our invite suite... so we did that too. Yet I'm pretty sure whoever designed our cards didn't even bother reading it or looking at the images we pinned. So seriously, what was the point of that entire excersize?

I know it's only the first round of proofs and I already paid the design fee, but these are so far off I don't even want to bother dealing with it. Plus, I'm just so annoyed that it seems like zero effort was put into reading the answers they wanted.... let alone getting my name and wedding date right. Ugh!!!

Re: Serendipity Beyond Design ---> beyond disappointing

• Options
    So I "broke up" with the Serendipity Beyond Design, and sent an email explaining my myriad issues. They got back to me with lots of explanations... my favorite being, "We apologize for the name, but we just couldn't get it to fit." My name is "Jennifer", the most common name of the 1980s. It has eight letters. Also, if you are a designer making a custom wedding invitation, isn't your job to make my name fit on my own wedding invitation? Instead of shortening it to "Jen"? I mean, right? Am I missing something here?????
  • Options
    If a stationaire / graphic designer can't manage to fit the name Jennifer into an existing design, I'd be out the door, as well. Good call.
  • Options
    I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. What a total, frustrating waste of time.

Now that that's out... HAHAHAH they can't figure out how to fit an 8 letter name on a wedding invitation!? If they seriously think that's a valid excuse, they need to get out of the business now...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Hahaha - right? I mean, I missed the part on the design form that said, "Bride and Groom's names together must be no more than 7 letters." I mean... SO STRANGE!

P.S. My fiance's first name is four letters long!

• Options
    Best part is that it wasn't an existing design! It was a custom design! Loony toons, I tell you. Loony. Toons.
  • Options
    Post pics! LOL
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That is an absurd way to run their business.

As a fellow Jennifer, I'd be seriously peeved by their idiocy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards