Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Insert with Save the Dates?

So I want to send out STDs since our wedding location is not near most of our guests so most people will probably book hotel rooms. I want them to be able to do this in advance. I was thinking of doing STD postcards and put our wedding website on there so they can check that out if they want to look up info on accommodations and book as soon as they'd like to. Now I really don't want to do a website. 
Would it be OK to do a regular STD card (instread of post card) and include a separate insert card with info on booking accommodations. I haven't received one like this before so just wanted opinions.

Re: Insert with Save the Dates?

• Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Why don't you want to do a website? They are fairly easy to set up and can be a great source of information for your guests. If you include your wedding website and information is available there, I don't think it's necessary to include an insert with your save the date. That would be appropriate to include with your invites. We have a hotel block that is valid until a month before the wedding, and we indicated as much on our website so people can view that upon receiving their STD. Then when invitations are sent you can include an insert card for accommodations. ETA clarity
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well it sounds silly but I don't like writing about myself so I didn't want to have to fill out the "about us", "our proposal", etc sections. I just realized you can get rid of those though so maybe I will just do the website and only put the necessary info.

• Options
    It's very common in my circle to have an insert with the hotel information included with the STDs. What you are suggesting is fine.

• Options
    leese19 said:
    well it sounds silly but I don't like writing about myself so I didn't want to have to fill out the "about us", "our proposal", etc sections. I just realized you can get rid of those though so maybe I will just do the website and only put the necessary info.

I felt the same way! So our website just has the pages for ceremony, reception, accommodations, and registries. Totally ok to leave out the about us, proposal, photo albums, etc. You can include as much or as little as you'd like. I think you'll find this solves your insert dilemma. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble said:

leese19 said:

I felt the same way! So our website just has the pages for ceremony, reception, accommodations, and registries. Totally ok to leave out the about us, proposal, photo albums, etc. You can include as much or as little as you'd like. I think you'll find this solves your insert dilemma. :)

Our wedding website didn't have all the photo albums and about us stuff. We just had addresses, links to registries, and hotel info.
  • Options
    You're fine putting an insert with your Save The Date, especially if alot of people will be traveling.

FYI: Most wedding guests will not look at your wedding website till it's closer to the wedding anyway.  So if there's information they should see, esp if it's time sensitive, I would definitely add an insert in the Save The Dates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards