Wedding Invitations & Paper

Printing Alternatives

Hello again,

I'd like to purchase a design by an artist on Etsy for our invitations. I love her work, but her printing fees are a little high for me. What options did (or will) you use for your invitation printing, and if you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your budget for invitations? Thanks!

Re: Printing Alternatives

• Our invitations came printed (budget was ~$250 for 60 invites), but I used Kinko's to print inserts, programs, and signs that I designed myself. I also printed my Christmas cards through Vistaprint this year.
  • Our budget for invitations was 100$ (not including postage) for about 45 invites.  

We purchased a DIY invitation kit for $12 at Michael's (love those coupons!) to use as a base.  I am DIY-ing 6x9 pocketfolds using paper we bought on Amazon for less than 8$.  I bought card stock for the inserts (and will have plenty left over for other projects) for 12$.  Paper to make the belly bands for the pocket folds and for seals was about 5$. Supply total = 36$

We are able to print them at FI's office so there are no printing costs. I borrowed a paper cutter from my office so I will be able to cut the inserts at home but if that becomes too much of a project I am going to take them to Staples where they will cut them for a few bucks.  

So, for 36$ (without cutting costs if I take them to be cut) I have 45 invites with a pocketfold, response card, outer envelope (we are skipping inner envelopes so as to accommodate the pocketfold), response card envelopes, three inserts, a belly band, and a seal for the belly band.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @emmyg65 I used VistaPrint for our Save the Dates and they came out all right, but were cut a bit unevenly. It was fine for what they were but I'm nervous to use them again for the invitations.

@CTYankeeBride that's awesome! I would actually do the same thing if I lived in a more populated area, but until August 2nd I live and work in a remote location, so it's been difficult getting to stores besides Dollar Tree and Wal Mart. I have found some great centerpiece supplies at those places, though!
  • If you are ever unhappy with a Vistaprint product, they will fix it and rush ship you replacements, no questions asked.  I found this out after I made a spelling error (all my own fault) and e-mailed to ask if they would honor the original sale price for a replacement.  I wasn't looking for them to fix my screw up for free, but they gladly did and I had replacements in less than a week. The customer service is top-notch.

Our centerpieces are also Dollar Tree! Hurricane vases with pillar candles :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you want to buy a design from etsy, you can still have them printed through vistaprint. Just let the seller know that that's what you're doing since the sizes from vistaprint are slightly off.
  • My sister's shower invitation was a template from Etsy (loved it!  SO cute) - I got them printed at Staples and then cut them myself. 

Same for invitations for both her wedding and mine - made from scratch, copied at the UPS store, and cut by us.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • We ordered an invitation from an Etsy designer and ended up taking our invites, insert cards, RSVP's and envelopes to a local print shop to have them printed and cut professionally.  We bought our paper and envelopes at the Paper Source.  I was hesitant to order copies through VistaPrint without seeing them in person first.  We saved about $100 by doing it that way vs. having them printed by the Etsy designer.

• @itsmestacey123 I ended up ordering the digital file, along with some nice cardstock paper and envelopes. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to get them professionally printed and cut to have that peace of mind, or if I want to try printing and cutting at my camp office. Because I live and work in such a remote location and don't have a car, it's hard to get to certain businesses, so I might just have to print and cut here. Either way though, I'm saving at least $80! So yaaaaay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards