Florida-South Florida
Options

...so frustrated and clueless...

I got engaged in February and ever since then have been doing my hw... We truly wanted a destination wedding, but this seems impossible (some family members won't be able to make it).  I can't seem to find a place in Miami or Broward that I truly love (& is affordable).  I just don't know what to do or where to look anymore... Please Help!!!

Re: ...so frustrated and clueless...

• Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Tell us more so we can help you.  Where?  (Dade, Broward, etc.)How many people?Indoor or Outdoor?How much money can you spend per person?Will your ceremony be in the same place as the reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am willing to check anything in South FL. (Keys, Dade, Broward, West Palm). A little drive won't hurt most people..lol!  But we do live in Dade.  We both love the outdoors (beach or garden).  My ideal spot... Vizcaya... but of course, way too expensive! But the garden style and architecture are in tune with my taste...  Now if we are going for a beach theme, check out Carillon Beach Weddings (FL panhandle).  That location is precisely my taste as well...We wanted to get married in the next few months, but we are flexible with the date.  I have checked out many vendors already and none seem to wow me...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    forgot some things...ceremony may be in the same place... this isnt a problem!100 guests at the very most$10,000 is my max (not including, rings, dress, hair & make up, tux... just wedding ceremony, reeption and photos)
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Spanish Monastery? http://www.spanishmonastery.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have... went to visit the monastery a few months ago... yes it is beautiful, but the inside courtyard was (in my opinion) a bit rundown.  I don't know if its just that I am over analyzing every single little thing... I guess its just the feeling that it is my one wedding you know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Villa woodbine is beautiful and they have the ceremony by that gorgeous big tree. Follow this link from Carmen studios and scroll down till you see the post about Villa Woodbine-Jen & Jerry's wedding. http://studiobycarmen.com/blog/?paged=2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Regarding Villa Woodbine, 10K might not be a big enough budget for a 100 person reception.  When we spoke to them, and after "negotiating" prices, we got a quote of $165.00 per person.  If I recall correctly, they start at $175 pp.I should mention that with Villa Woodbine, all of the catering is included (dinner, bar) and a cake.  I know there were more perks with that price, so the price is justified, but I don't remember anymore.  If you keep you guest list at around 60, you could pull it off.  Villa Woodbine i s a beautiful and charming place to have a wedding.You could also look into:Miami Beach Botanical GardensVenetian Pool (they've reopened)Parrot Jungle
  • Options
    Karamel99Karamel99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Signature Grand in Davie?  I know a couple girls who had their wedding there and everything came out beautiful for all of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Miami Beach Botanical Gardens might work, but the building is pretty simple esp compared to viscaya. You probably cant get the whole place or the great lawn, but the Banyan room can be rented for 4 hours for 850 and the ceremony can be done in the garden under the banyan tree in the back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!!!You can check out my vendor - Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the rusty pelican has waterfront space for the ceremony and fantastic packages for the reception!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement! =) Before my FI & I decided on Douglas Entrance, we completely fell in love with Palmetto Bay Village Center. They have a beautiful outside area next to the bay where yuo can have the ceremony and a rotonda right in the middle of the building where you can can the cocktail hour. The reception can be upstairs and it looks really contemporary and chic. I loved it but it was too far from my church so we decided not to go that route. But i would totally reccomend this place if your having both ceremony and reception there. The staff was super sweet and the price was like ridiculously affordable =) GL!!! HTH!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    funny you mentioned villa woodbine... i found the spot through wedalert.com right before your post.  LOVE it! now lets see the whole pricing issue... i will contact them on Monday and keep you ladies posted.  As far as MB Botanical, I have checked this location out as well and I do like it, but I did not get a wow effect out of it.The other spots I have checked out but dont liek too much either...Now I did find quite a few other spots on BillHansenCatering.com.  They have a list of all types of locations throughout Miami.  I will check a few of those out as well...Thanks and please keep on sending me messages...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually met with Carmen a few months ago and loved her photo journalistic style.  I just checked her website out to view the villa woodbine photos... and it took my breath away... adore it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will visit the site this week... omg I am so excited...! now ladies... negotiate... Im not too good with this... any tips?
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned Jungle Island above so I feel the need to point out that they have outdoor spaces (a few) which you might like.  And if you apply for the PrimeCard you can get 20% off food and beverage bill. I've also heard good things about the Palmetto Bay Center. MB Botanical Gardens didn't wow you and I understand that but did you see it set up for an event?  That might help you picture it. The only other place I can think of right now is Fairchild Tropical Gardens but I don't know what it costs. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Rocio, Rocio is also my name! Where are you from? Have you checked the Coco Plum Women's Club? this is my venue and the ballroom is truly beautiful... much more affordable than Vizcaya, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Benvenuto's in Boynton Beach. Not sure if it's the feeling you're looking for, but i know the prices are great for what you get. GL and Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! That Palmetto Bay Village Center looks really cool. Why didn't I know about that place when I was looking at venues? Does it require you to bring in outside caterers or do they have in house staff for that? (*just curious)You might also check out the Venetian Pool, Villa Salcedo, The Zen House, The Bonnet Housee, The Shane Center, Double Tree Grande Biscayne Bay... Maybe talk to Fetes and Events???Good Luck and Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Rocio, I am Cuban, and you? Yes the Coco Plum Women's Club is beautiful. Just realized I went to a wedding there years ago.  The Bonnet House is beautiful, but the rental is a bit pricy, as well as Fairchild and Deering Estates.Thank you all for your comments... I think I have seen a few I love and will check out this week, but my favorite one continues to be Villa Woodbine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Argentina. I have a lot of information on Coco Plum that i can send you. Just email me, mrodriguez 12 85@ yahoo dot com
  • Options
    I was just wondering where you held your wedding. I am currently deciding between Villa Woodbine and Bonnet House and I am torn between them. I really loved Villa Woodbine when I looked at pictures and when I saw it in person (although it was tented when I saw it and I prefer it non-tented) but I just saw the Bonnet House today and I was really wowed by it too. Even though both are outdoor venues, they are very different. I was just hoping you could help me by letting me know what venue you went with and why. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    I recently booked my wedding at Villa Woodbine for Feb 2015. In the Summer, they always have the tent up. However, in the Fall/Winter it's not up. (Unless of course the weather calls for rain). I didn't like that the Bonnet House has a mandatory tenting and flooring $1500 fee during Jan-April.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards