Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

help! ceremony venue ideas

We are getting married next Sept. 2015. However, neither of us is religious and we live smack between Altoona, Johnstown, and Indiana PA. Right were the only options I am finding for a ceremony and officiant are all religious and require some sort of classes/baptism in order for them to perform the wedding. I tried to call a non denominational church in our area but he has yet to return my calls so I may have to give up on him.

With his work schedule (prevents premarital counseling that is more than a day) and both of us unwilling to conform to a religion we do not prescribe to I am at a total loss as to what to do. Any advice?

Re: help! ceremony venue ideas

• Justice of the peace?
  • We really wanted a ceremony and from what I found JoP around here only perform in the Courthouse. I don't mind having an outdoor wedding but I cannot find an officiant either. :P
  • Have you ever heard of Thumbtack?  I found my officiant through that site...and my photographer and florist.  Basically you just enter in what service you're looking for and some info about the date, location, etc. and you will have people who are available reach out to you, rather than searching and calling a million different people.  Most of the time they will tell you their fees right up front, too, so you don't have to do a lot of back and forth. 
  • alm199alm199 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    The mayor should be able to do the ceremony for you. I was just in a wedding near Altoona that had the mayor perform the ceremony outdoors and only charged $50.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards