New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Mother Dresses?

My FMIL is having a very difficult time finding a dress to wear for the wedding.  At this point she is really starting to stress out (we are just under the 3 month mark) that she won't find anything.  She is looking for something more knee-length and under a budget of $400.  She's checked all major department stores, including David's Bridal and even a few small boutiques (the issue with those are the $$$).  We are going to trying Woodbury Commons soon.  Can anyone recommend any other places we might have overlooked?  We are in Westchester, but would travel to Rockland, Orange, Putnam, Duchess and even CT.

Re: Mother Dresses?

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    My mom was having a hard time and then ordered a few online at Nordstrom and found 2 she loved.   They offer free shipping and free returns, so there was no risk in ordering a bunch at once and sending back what she didn't like.   She had a floor length for under $300
  • Options
    I agree with the PP. Try Nordstrom or Lord & Taylor. They have a very large selection and you can find coupons at Retail Me Not. I usually go there when I need a gown for a work gala. Poughkeepsie has a bridal shop. I think its Towne something. Many people in the area find their BM or MOB/MOG dresses there. If you are willing to travel to NYC try RK Bridal. They have many designer dresses at the minimum price. They have a large selection and different sizes to try on. (I found my wedding dress there $1,000 cheaper than up in the Hudson Valley) My only suggestion is go on a weekday because it can get very hectic. 
  • Options
    Try Leticia's in Monsey in Rockland. Both my mom and FMIL got their dresses there.
  • Options
    HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Thanks ladies. We hit Woodbury Commons on Monday, with no luck. Luckily I was driving, and had a family friend with us, we decide that no matter what FMIL said we were taking her up to David's in Middletown. She resisted because she had already been to the one in Danbury. We just went through the racks, pulling what fit her criteria & made her try on. She was between two different dresses and actually chose one! She even admitted she didn't see it at the Danbury store. We will see if this is actually the one she wears. She indicated she is going to continue to look. But at least she has something instead of nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards