Ohio-Columbus

Alterations: Looking for reviews on Linda Hammond and Monica Gwaltney

I am meeting with both of them and am just curious if you have any reviews about either of them. I am looking for someone that does a great job and has a quick turn around time. 

Thanks! 
Anniversary

Re: Alterations: Looking for reviews on Linda Hammond and Monica Gwaltney

• edited December 2011
    I went to Monica last Tuesday for my first fitting.  She has a two week turnaround period and reasonable pricing.  If you want to PM me after next Tuesday, I can let you know how everything went. 
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Monica! I've had two fittings and will be going back for my final fitting right before the wedding- however, that's just in case my weight fluctuates because she already had it altered to the correct size by the second fitting. It took her only two weeks to do that.

I really like her- she's energetic and you can't tell at all that she sees tons of wedding dresses all the time. She really makes you feel like yours is special. And it's obvious she's been at this a long time and knows what she's doing. If you want any more specific information, let me know!

• edited December 2011
    I loooooooooove Monica.  Though I haven't had a chance to see her magic, we had a great consult and I'm looking forward to my next fitting.  Speakin of, I should prolly call her about that.... ;)
  • edited December 2011
    where is Monica located? I need to find a seamstress now. I bought my dress off the rack and lost weight and now it needs to be taken in. (good problem to have, but still!) Anyone have contact info?

Thx!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using linda Hammond and have had my first fitting, and it went well.  I dont need much done, but even then I was surprised how little it will cost (guesstimate of $35 for mu bustle and a ook and lace repair). 

I pick my dress up this monday.  Ill let you know how it goes!
    image 210 Invited
    image 140 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 38 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    can anyone provide contact information for these ladies please!  I need alterations!  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011

Monica Gwaltney
    614-948-5381
    4860 Smoketalk Lane
    Columbus, OH 43081

She works out of her home, which is located near the Little Turtle Golf Course (New Albany area).

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_alterations-looking-reviews-linda-hammond-monica-gwaltney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:5416976f-2796-40e4-8c16-c073aa24ed50Post:cc131de4-6fb0-43d9-a0e4-31ef91219ea4">Re: Alterations: Looking for reviews on Linda Hammond and Monica Gwaltney</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using linda Hammond and have had my first fitting, and it went well.  I dont need much done, but even then I was surprised how little it will cost (guesstimate of $35 for mu bustle and a ook and lace repair).  I pick my dress up this monday.  Ill let you know how it goes!
    Posted by stanzi113[/QUOTE]

<div>REALLY!? I need to call her to put pockets in my dress ;D</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married last Sunday and I used Linda Hammond for ALL of the dresses, including a last minute add-more-fabric-the-bridesmatron-is-five-months-pregnant dress. I am very happy with the results. She had to let mine out towards the end because I, um, gained a bit of weight. She had to do a lot of complicated shifting because of the weird placement of the seams, etc. and it all looked and felt fabulous for our big day.

I once sewed a friend's wedding dress from scratch and I can tell you, Linda Hammond is exactly what I was looking for. She knows how to solve all of the problems and wasn't overly expensive either. I am really glad I went with her.
    image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looking for wedding Dress Alterations in Columbus, ohio!
  • I worked with Linda Hammond and I could not be happier with my decision!! She was referred to me by my wedding planner last minute(my previous one became ill) and Linda was more than happy to take the difficult task of altering my dress on! I wanted my dress turned into a sweetheart neckline(which I had heard by many wasn't easy--so I was nervous), and also my dress had many layers to it and it all needed hemmed--and she did a wonderful job of sewing in a bustle. She was definitely one of the best decisions I had for my wedding!! I definitely recommend her!
  • I worked with Linda Hammond based on all of the positive reviews she has had on TK and I was really disappointed. I dropped my dress off to her in January for a June 28 wedding. I did not get it back until three days before the wedding. It would have been four days before the wedding, but she had to make another adjustment when I went back for my second fitting. When I went for my final fitting, she had another girl there with her mother, so I had to try on my dress in her bathroom and then have her look at it in the hallway. The appointment was incredibly rushed and I didn't get to see the dress in a full length mirror. If I had, I would have realized that it STILL did not fit. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until the day of my wedding when the dress kept falling down and my bridesmaids could not figure out a way to cover my bra. There was nothing we could do and I had to walk down the aisle with my bra showing. It's in all my pictures and every time somebody tried to help me and tell me I needed to fix it, I had to explain to them that the dress just didn't fit and there was nothing we could do. My bridesmaids tried safety pins, we tried different adjustments, but there was just nothing we could do to fix it. The best thing everybody could do was reassure it was not that noticeable, but what bride wants to see her undergarments peeking out of her dress? 

To add insult to injury, she used a sewing marker and there were green dots going down the back of my dress. When I asked her about it, she said they would disappear over time, but if they didn't to use water to wipe them off. The green dots NEVER faded and the water did not work. Luckily, my underwear distracted people from the green dots. 

So anyway, maybe Linda normally does a good job and I just got really unlucky, but I felt like I needed to share my awful experience because it really put a damper on the day and the only reason I chose to work with her was based on all the positive reviews on here. 
  • edited July 2014
    melbenso said:
    KnotPorscha Zombie thread
    IMHO :) Zombies on the local page are not alway bad. It makes sense to have all the reviews in one thread so people can easily find the pros and cons about a local vendor.

Zombies are no bueno on the international page or when they are general questions, but vendor reviews on the same vendor I think it's all good :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards