Michigan-Detroit
Options

Thank goodness it's no time soon!!!

futuremrskadefuturemrskade member
edited July 2014 in Michigan-Detroit

My fiancé and I have been together for 4 years, we moved in together just 2 months after being together
and we've been living as if we were married ever since.
Our relationship is quite amazing, due to the fact that we love simplicity.
If the situations are in our hands, we try to not complicate it.

All of the weddings him and I have attended were at big elaborate cathedrals and chapels, with HUGE receptions with 2-3-400 people present. and wedding parties with 5-10 bridesmaids and groomsmen.
Which leads us to our biggest complication.....
We're so torn on how to go about our wedding. We've thrown out the idea of eloping and then having a reception shortly after, or, having a small brief ceremony in the same location of our reception. Something short sweet and straight to the point. We feel there is no need to go all out for the ceremony since:
A) we've been living as if we're married for almost 4 years now already.
B) Our guest list is small, only 100 people all together.
C) We both would only have 1 person each for our wedding party.
We feel like going all out like the weddings we've attended is just a little much for us, given we would be paying for most of this ourselves, not to mention we love S I M P L I C I T Y.

This bride to be is lost lost LOST!!!

Any advice or ideas you wonderful ladies have would be much appreciated.

Re: Thank goodness it's no time soon!!!

• Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Well, my first piece of advice is to not use different colors when posting. It is hard on the eyes and not easy to read.

Second, it seems you know what you want you just need to figure out details. 100 person guest list is not small by any means! I would first set a budget - how much are you willing to spend? Once you figure that out you can start looking at venues. A lot of venues wil do the ceremony in the same location as the reception so that works out for you. I would not suggest doing an elopement, followed by a reception. Those can be looked at as PPD (pretty princess days) and they go against etiquette.

You can look through the sticky at the top of all of the threads and see what other brides have done and what vendors they used. Honestly, everything depends on your budget - you aren't just paying for food and drinks per person, you need to remember to include invitations, favors, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards