Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly Engaged!- July 5th

Hi ladies!
My first time posting here and what not a better topic than an engagement! :]
My fiance Billy (I totally wrote boyfriend at first and had to delete haha) and I have been together for almost 2 years. We knew we wanted to be together forever at around 3 months. Blah blah, you guys know the sh-peal ;]

So we were in Vegas for the 4th of July for my best friend's wedding. What a nightmare. Her family was so selfish about everything. I felt awful :[ But her wedding was beautiful and I love love her husband. Such the perfect man for her.
Anyway, it was on July 5th that they were to have dinner with her family and his. Billy and I had been "invited," but we decided to give them their alone time and go spend time just the two of us...which ended up working better anyway ;] Billy tells me he wants to take me to the Eiffel Tower at Paris on the strip. I agreed and was really excited to see it. He tells me we are not just seeing it, we are going to the top of it! I was even more excited now that I knew you could even do that!

We wait in what seems to be a Disneyland-like line. We wait, and wait. Finally! We get to go up to the top. We are looking around and everything is just breathtaking. Billy suggests we take some pictures so he proceeds to ask the guy next to us if he would like a photo of himself and his girlfriend. The guy awkwardly declines and Billy says we will find someone else. 
We walk a bit further and he sees a gentleman with a DSLR. HE is the perfect guy. So Billy says aloud, "I wonder if someone can take a picture of us..." The guy turns his head so fast you could practically hear it haha He agrees. So I go to stand next to Billy and he steps to the side. I look at him confused while dropping my arm. He turns to me and says "Can I say something crazy...?" I look at him funny then start to catch on to whats going on. He drops to one knee and says "WILL YOU MARRY ME?!" I cried. Like the girl I am. Haha So I respond with "Can I say something even crazier?! YES!" (If you haven't caught on, these are lines from the movie Frozen. Billy and I are huge Disney lovers) 
Like anyone would have, I asked if he and Mr. Photo Man knew each other or planned it out. They both denied of knowing each other, but the gentleman was happy he was able to catch our engagement on Billy's phone for us.

There's my story. Hope you liked it! I happier than a clam and can't wait for our wedding.

xoxo,
Melissa 

Re: Newly Engaged!- July 5th

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards