Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Oceanview Upper Cape Venue with Vendor Flexibility

edited June 2014 in Massachusetts-Cape Cod
I grew up spending my summers in Falmouth because my parents have a house there.  It really is home for me!  I am in search of the perfect wedding venue on the Upper Cape, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm willing to go from the Bourne Bridge all the way to Osterville.

I am looking for a tented wedding site with an ocean view for 125-150 guests.  My wedding will have a multicultural theme because my fiance is Brazilian, so I want flexibility in the vendors I can use.  I want to find a caterer who is willing to incorporate his Latin American background into the cooking.  I also want a more casual wedding (i.e., no tuxedos).  Finally, I do not want the early end requirements - I've heard this is true of the Beach Breeze Inn and Nauticus Marina.  

One of my favorite places is Woods Hole, but the Ol'cottage no longer allows tented weddings, and I've heard the Woods Hole Golf Club is overly formal.  I really like Bourne Farm, but wish it had an ocean view instead of the pond.  My favorite beach is Old Silver, but I think I will be constrained in terms of catering at the Sea Crest.  I have not really explored the Wianno Club, but I expect this is for larger, more formal parties.

Any ideas?  Does anyone know of any private estates in the Woods Hole or Falmouth areas?  Thank you for your help!

Re: Oceanview Upper Cape Venue with Vendor Flexibility

• Options
    If you're willing to go mid-Cape, there are a lot of flexible venues. I'm getting married at the Corsair and Crossrip in Dennisport next summer, they're oceanfront and allow complete flexibility for vendors. I also looked at the Pelham House Resort in Dennisport, they allow you to use any vendors you'd like as well. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Popponesset Inn might be another option or you, but you may also be limited with catering options. I was actually in a very similar situation as you within regards to location, ocean view venue, etc (and I am actually from Brazil!). But I ended up not doing the ocean view venue - what we decided was on a ceremony at Old Silver Beach and the reception at Ballymeade Country Club (they use Chef Roland, which is very affordable and has amazing reviews about his food). 
  • Options
    kmw201kmw201 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Hi,

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, just curious because you mentioned Ol' Cottage in your post.  What is the deal with this place?  Do they allow any weddings there anymore if not tented?  I see all kinds of reviews and pics of the place but no contact info.  Thanks in advance! Good Luck in your venue search!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards