Connecticut

Makeup artist recommendations

I am located in Mystic, but getting married in Branford at Bill Miller's Castle in September.  I am looking for a reasonably priced makeup artist who is either located near Mystic or could travel to Bill Miller's that does airbrushing.  I would like someone with a more natural-but-enhanced style.  I met Mercedes McCoy at the Mohegan expo today but haven't found any reviews by any of her clients.  Do you ladies have any good recommendations/tips for me?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Makeup artist recommendations

• I'm using Andrea Dilieto.  I haven't don't my trial yet - but she came very highly recommended from my photographer.
  • I just got married at bill millers 2 weeks ago and used Keri Shea. She was amazing and travelled to branford.
  • I can second Andrea Dilieto!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Mercedes for my wedding in June. I had actually found her via Facebook. I did a trial with her back in the fall and I thought it went very well. She was very sweet and friendly, and I really liked her makeup and she made my skin look flawless!
  • mercedes who? do you have a link?
  • How about Erin Infantino? I believe she travels. Good luck.
  • A friend of mine used Dana Bartone. I remembered I liked her so much that I asked her for her business card. (just in case) and now I am engaged. I am not sure about her prices but she was really good and really nice. I will be using her business for sure.
    www.danabartone.com 
  • Also, using Dana Baratone, working with Rena and love her. 
  • Naomi's Salon in West Hartford. They do gorgeous airbrush makeup and travel to your location. I've had dozens of guests who are getting married after me ask where my makeup was done so they could book them!
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I posted in this thread earlier in the year. My wedding was in June, and I used Mercedes McCoy. I could not have been happier with her and I would recommend her to everyone! She did such a phenomenal job. I loved the trial, but she somehow made me feel even more beautiful on my wedding day.
  • Im using Rena from Dana Bartone, she did my trial and my Eshoot.
    My skin tone is tricky because its so...yellow/reddish but she did her thing and whoa! I've never felt more beautiful, our photographer kept commenting on how great my skin and makeup looked (she did a subtle smoky eye with( neutrals).
    Best of luck!
  • lol guess i already posted haha, oops!
  • srodger2 said:
    Im using Rena from Dana Bartone, she did my trial and my Eshoot.
    My skin tone is tricky because its so...yellow/reddish but she did her thing and whoa! I've never felt more beautiful, our photographer kept commenting on how great my skin and makeup looked (she did a subtle smoky eye with( neutrals).
    Best of luck!
    How did you choose Rena from Dana Bartone?  I'm Asian so definitely looking for someone with experience with the monolids, color, etc.  I was told I could request Dana but with what seems like numerous artists in the company, how do you know which one to pick?

My photographer has worked with this group multiple times and recommended them so that's how I found them!
  • bl327bl327 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am Chinese and have monolids. I used Sarah Victor from Dana Bartone - LOVED HER. But I'd book with her directly, as it is cheaper. Since I signed with DB, I wasn't allowed to back out and book her directly. http://www.sarahvictorbeauty.com

She also has an awesome, energetic, and hilarious personality!
  • I used Dana Bartone and LOVED her. Dana did my hair, Janina my makeup and could not have been happier.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Keri Shea out of Ellington. She traveled to the Mystic Marriott Hotel. We got married at Harkness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards