Honeymoon Discussions

Swim-Up Suites

If we go the AI route, we have been talking about upgrading our room to a swim-out suite. I like the idea of a semi-private pool area. I just wanted to know if it was worth it?

Re: Swim-Up Suites

• We upgraded when we arrived at the resort.  They offered us the "better" room for $300 and we decided to go for it.

Parts of it was nice but mainly I wish we had saved the money and stayed with the garden view.

The pool was right off the patio, but there were no steps or ladders, so you pretty much had to jump in and heave yourself awkwardly out when you were done.  There was less privacy later in the week, there was a small group that arrived and their rooms were surrounding ours, so they all walked back and forth our patio and between the bushes to visit each others rooms.

Each resort is different, but unless you get more ammenities I wouldn't upgrade.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I have never seen a semi- private pool area. Would other people be able to swim up to your room? I would be nervous that randoms would hang out in the water right in front of our room.

We had a completely private pool on our HM. It was a splurge and so worth it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're also getting a villa with a private pool for the "beach" portion of our honeymoon (not a Caribbean-style AI), a well as for the "safari" portion of the events, and i expect it to be well worth it.  Something about sharing a swimming pool with a bunch of randoms really rubs me the wrong way (i'm not normally easily disgusted, but for some reason this tends to put me off).  Definitely a splurge though.  From what I've seen, the more moderately priced private pool options in the Caribbean sell out fast, so you have to be on top of it to get one (we tried at Sandals La Toc and failed miserably 6 months out from our travel date, even though there are like a dozen of them).
  • We will be staying at an AI resort and opted to not do a swimout room for the reasons mentioned above. Our patio wouldn't have been closed off and I'm hesitant to have other people walking/swimming right up to our door. We did however get a room with a private jaccuzzi.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It really depends on which property this swim-up suite would be.
    Some are worth it and some aren't.

The best way to go is to find a travel advisor who has some connection to the property and could try and get you an upgrade!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards