Flowers
Options

DIY flower

I am strongly considering making my own flowers.  I found these on pinterest. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/452752568762814394/) However I can't find directions any where. Any one have any good ideas or have made something similar?

I also found a two tone paper napkin (cocktail) that made a flower, but now I can't find the website and don't remember the type of flower.  

Re: DIY flower

• Options
    mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014

Tissue paper peonies are SUPER easy to make (but maybe not easy to explain - I'll see if I can do it). We made a bunch without stems to lay on tables for both my wedding and my sister's. For C's wedding we used vanilla and kraft coloured paper in various combinations (all vanilla, all kraft, kraft and vanilla alternating, or half kraft and half vanilla so it looks like one colour in the core of the flower and one for the base). For mine we're using plain white.

1) cut tissue paper into squares of approximately the size of flower you want. Make stacks of these squares (we used approximately 15 pieces per flower)

2) fold lightly in and then half again, and cut the loose edges in a curve to make the stack into a circle

3) unfold and staple the centre twice to hold the stack together

4) pull the layers up gently to fluff and create the flower shape Depending on how you cut the circle, you can end up with different flower shapes - experiment with cutting a scallop/wave/ruffled edge to make a different look for the finished project.

ETA - sorry, there WERE paragraphs

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards