New York-Western

Places to take pictures in the Buffalo area?

Hi ladies!
I am getting married in June next year in Amherst and having our reception at Acqua in Buffalo.  We are looking for places to take pictures that are somewhere near both/either of those places.  I've looked at Glen Falls and really liked it, but I know a million bridal parties will be there too.  Any other suggestions of cool places for photos??

Thanks!

Re: Places to take pictures in the Buffalo area?

• I would ask your photographer. They will know where to go in the area.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I was going to take my pictures at Glen Falls since my ceremony was in Williamsville and I grew up going to Glen Falls a lot with my family.  It ended up that there was an art festival going on in Williamsville right near the park the same day as our wedding, so I figured it was going to be way too crowded.  We ended up going to Tift Farms instead, which has a really beautiful, naural setting (waterfront area and a hill with beautiful tall grass).  The other bonus was that we were the only bridal party there since it's not really a *spot* yet.  I'm not sure exactly where Acqua is, but I know it's somewhere downtown on the water, so I don't imagine Tift is too far. Our reception was at the Lafayette Hotel, and it only took us about 10 minutes to get to the reception from Tift after we were done with pictures.

In Amherst, there's also Amherst State Park and Basset Park, so those are a few other options.

Good luck!

Alison :)
  • Great idea ;)
    Jenn. Amherst/Falls area
  • The central terminal and the new inner harbour are very cool. I also have access to the top of the Convention Towers. My name is Bryan from Bryan Michael Photography. My cousin and I are in our second year of our business. Book us at low rates now as next year we will be increasing our prices by 100%. We have been doing weddings for $1500 as it is only our second year. Our work is second to NONE, we both shoot and we will spend the entire day with you. And oh yeah, you get the rights to ALL your photos. Feel free to call. Congrats and Good luck with everything :)

Bryan Jamieson
    716-863-2533

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_places-to-take-pictures-in-the-buffalo-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:2544eaf4-9056-4a31-9ff0-8443294ae7c5Post:647c4908-d11c-4f25-8ff8-aaa08284d5a6">Places to take pictures in the Buffalo area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I am getting married in June next year in Amherst and having our reception at Acqua in Buffalo.  We are looking for places to take pictures that are somewhere near both/either of those places.  I've looked at Glen Falls and really liked it, but I know a million bridal parties will be there too.  Any other suggestions of cool places for photos?? Thanks!
    Posted by lufa211[/QUOTE]
  • Would love the central terminal however after contacting them ,we were told they were not allowing it anymore
  • Hi! I know this is random but I was wondering if when you went to Tift Farms for your pictures, did they care or just let you take what you wanted and was it after they had already closed? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards