Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Desert In The Winter?

I am so worried! I had my heart set on a desert wedding, but also wanted to get married in December, the month after the boy gets home from a 9-month deployment. My photographer is giving us a discount for this wedding (a huge $1500 discount) because they don't have any desert images in their portfolio. But now I'm concerned it will be WAY too cold, even if it's a short ceremony, to just be standing around. Any Nevada locals with ideas of what I should do as a compromise for budget, guests, and my sanity?

Re: Desert In The Winter?

• Options
    It will be chilly and like guest will need jackets. I would personally recommend having an indoor wedding or you could get outdoor heaters. There is still lots to do though and those coming from colder states will highly enjoy it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It can really vary. I was wearing flip flops in early December, and went without a heavy jacket on Christmas. It's hard to say if it will be "too cold" but your guests should be more than capable of packing/dressing accordingly. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that I live in Phoenix. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with @tcnoble. It's long-sleeve weather, probably sweaters or light jackets, but no need for a parka. They'll still need sunglasses and sunscreen though - we have sunshine even when it's cold. If you're nervous, you could have those little handwarmer packets as a favor, like folks have flip-flop buckets for summer weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards