Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Baber's or Brancato's?? - HELP!

I am really stuck between these two caterers.  Anyone have experience with either that they would care to share?  Thanks a MILLION in advance!

Re: Baber's or Brancato's?? - HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that Brancato's is a really huge catering company -- we met with them, but I didn't feel like they cared if we went with them or not, and the menus seemed really strict (there was a charge to change almost anything). The other two caterers we tried were much friendlier and were flexible around what we were thinking. I haven't heard of Baber's before so I'm no help there...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    on our website knotkc.weebly.com  i think there is a review or two of brancato
  • Options
    JulieSmilesJulieSmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Brancato's cater my wedding. The food was amazing. We worked with one guy who was not great about returning emails once we had booked with them, but we did get everything worked out with plenty of time. I just didn't tip him like I had planned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Brancatos for our July wedding.  Must have worked with the same guy as JulieSmiles because we had a hard time getting responses to email as well!  However, the food was excelllent and service was great.  Zero problems on the wedding day!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    dmnorthcraftdmnorthcraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all.  I think i'm going to go with Brancatos since we can get more for our money with them. 
  • Options
    JenS82JenS82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally have used Brancatos at an event before and dealt with Vern. He did a fantastic job and everyone was raving how great the food was. I would go with them. Plus they have been in business in a long time and have a great reputation.
  • Options
    Kara_BowenKara_Bowen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our daughters wedding reception at Terrace on the Green which the Baber's now own.  They did the food for the wedding and it was very good, we had lot's of compliments on it. Jennifer Baber was very accomodating and helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this response is too late but I wanted to input in case anyone else reads for future help.  I have a close family friend who has worked in catering in KC for over 20 years.  I could never afford the company she works for on my budget, but i did call her for her advice and ones to steer clear of.  She stressed big time to stay away from Babers, the only one in all of KC she said to stay away from.  She has seen them several times doing events not uniformed, looking so sloppy that most people were uncomfortable getting food from a guy standing behind the buffet looking nasty.  The persons that do set up looked nasty, they weren't clean at all.  Something that scares me about ANY caterer because you don't get to see "that" until the day of..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards