New York
Options

Baby fever.

I have it. I felt the need to post this here because I'm sure (at least I hope) some of you have felt this way! And this is my favorite board on TK and TN.

My dad said this feeling would come after buying our first house...but I've had it for awhile! Too bad it's completely unrealistic right now. Wedding in 10 months, and I'm not done with school. I'd like to work for awhile before we have one. Plus, both FI and I are very young to be wanting a kiddo already (early 20's)! What makes it worse is that FI wants one even more than I do! For the past year he's been talking about how happy he'd be if we had one on the way!

Wahh. It seems like everyone we know has been getting pregnant lately. I feel like I'd be such an awesome mom. Alright, I'll stop whining now...but I had to get it off my chest! I hope someone else feels this way!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Baby fever.

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. Chris has been bringing it up a lot lately, and I definately want to start trying soon. Our biggest obstacle is my meds, I'm not supposed to get pregnant on them and they recommend being off them for at least three months before TTC. I also can't stop cold turkey, it takes months of reducing doses to wean me off. The thing is, I'm terrified to stop taking them. I have severe anxiety issues, and last time I stopped taking meds I could barely function in society.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have NO idea what you mean.  Tongue out  Lol

We started trying shortly after we came back from the honeymoon... but I am 29 and I know my prime baby making time is running short (true, women have kids into their 40s now, but the risks and complications increase with age)

Anyway... I know what you mean about the fever.  After my first L&D/OB class last year (several months before the wedding), I told Kev on the way home, that we better get started asap because "I'm not getting any younger"... lol.  Had I gotten married in my early twenties though, or even 25-26ish, we would absolutely have been waiting a year or two before trying.

I couldn't be happier that we are expecting now... but there is a small part of me that wishes we would have enjoyed at least a full year as newlyweds before starting our family.  Heck, I won't even get to *really* enjoy our 1st anniversary like we wanted to (a small, second honeymoon) because I will be approximately the size of a house.

Raes- good idea to think ahead about weaning off the meds.  There are several meds that are safe to take during pregnancy, but if you can avoid them all together, it's definitely best.  Fx for you that when you do take that step, it's a smooth transition.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mek20mek20 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh do I have it too. FI has even been getting it a little (Mr. Never-wanted-kids-until-he-met-me)...a lot of people at his work have either gotten pregnant, or just had a baby (about 5-7 people in his immediate "group")...so the topic is coming up a lot more frequently. We are in our early 20's and we own our house also, so we are pretty much in the same boat. 
    We said we would wait, but as the wedding just keeps getting closer and closer, we both know we wont be waiting too long after to start trying! Almost more excited for that than the wedding ;) (Just kidding!)
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have it so bad! I am just trying my hardest not to get preg before the wedding! And I need to finish my MBA next december and can't have any little ones before then!  Bah, but we are going to start right away once we get married, I'm almost 28 and my FI is 34 so we are just excited to GET ON IT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_baby-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4aab3da5-f70a-40f5-8627-ee0a97892f1bPost:a11575b9-7041-4cac-8d12-7cfff3fa8ce4">Re: Baby fever.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my gosh do I have it too. FI has even been getting it a little (Mr. Never-wanted-kids-until-he-met-me)...a lot of people at his work have either gotten pregnant, or just had a baby (about 5-7 people in his immediate "group")...so the topic is coming up a lot more frequently. We are in our early 20's and we own our house also, so we are pretty much in the same boat.  We said we would wait, but as the wedding just keeps getting closer and closer, we both know we wont be waiting too long after to start trying! <strong>Almost more excited for that than the wedding ;) (Just kidding!)</strong>
    Posted by mek20[/QUOTE]

This. Only I'm not kidding, haha! I'm of course excited about the wedding, but I'm MORE excited about being married. The whole big wedding thing stresses me out to no end, I just want to get hitched!! We're both really excited to start a family...when the time is right. There are a lot of things I'd like to do before we have one...but I can't help but catch a little baby fever :( someday!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    mek20mek20 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_baby-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4aab3da5-f70a-40f5-8627-ee0a97892f1bPost:8e9a444b-4b30-415a-9e74-2c9f4035631c">Re: Baby fever.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have it so bad! <strong>I am just trying my hardest not to get preg before the wedding!</strong> And I need to finish my MBA next december and can't have any little ones before then!  Bah, but we are going to start right away once we get married, I'm almost 28 and my FI is 34 so we are just excited to GET ON IT!!!
    Posted by kpdorr[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG! I feel the same way..haha When we hit nine months until the wedding, everyone's comment was about being "extra careful"...so funny.</div>
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    H and I talk about babies fairly often, but neither one of us is ready for them despite being 29 and 30!  We plan to wait about more 2 years.  We want him to finish school and start working again and own a home or be almost ready to buy a home before we start trying.  Plus, we want to enjoy being newlyweds for a while and go on fun trips and dates!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards