Chit Chat

No need for a registry. ...what to do?

Hi!
This is a second marriage for both my fiance and I. We both own a home (mine is going on the market next week.....yikes!) And have all we need. So we wouldn't be doing a registry. We'll be sending out invites real soon. We found the website honeyfund.com to use as sort of a honeymoon registry and then we would donate half the money to a charity. Is that ok? Or should we just not do anything and since we won't have a registry people will do what they want?

Re: No need for a registry. ...what to do?

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I would not do a honeymoon registry.

Is there anything in your home you can upgrade? Are you having a shower? If you are having a shower I would recommend doing a small registry and once it is full people should know to either give you gift cards or cash.

If I wasn't having a shower I probably wouldn't register and let people give what they want.

• Thanks. I'm not planning on having a shower either. We already have so much stuff and only so much space for it.
  • Honeymoon funds are not a good idea. That is basically like asking for cash and asking for cash is very rude. Also most of those sites end up taking 7% of the money given, so really aren't getting the full amount. 

If you don't list any registry information anywhere, most people will assume that you don't want/need any boxed gifts and will just give you cash anyways.

Also, registry and gift information do not belong on your wedding invitation anyways.

• Honeymoon registries are considered tacky. 

It's my second wedding as well, and FI and I have more than enough between the two of us. I didn't register and I'm not having a shower. 
  • Just don't register. People will give you cash.

• I got married less than 2 weeks ago. DH and I have lived together for over a decade and are not in want or need of (nor do we have space for) any household items. Every single gift we got at our wedding was monetary. We simply didn't register for anything and when people did ask us what we wanted, we said that our household was set and the only thing we wanted was for our friends and family to come enjoy themselves.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I got married less than 2 weeks ago. DH and I have lived together for over a decade and are not in want or need of (nor do we have space for) any household items. Every single gift we got at our wedding was monetary. We simply didn't register for anything and when people did ask us what we wanted, we said that our household was set and the only thing we wanted was for our friends and family to come enjoy themselves.
    That's the plan for us too. Can't go wrong with it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Hi! This is a second marriage for both my fiance and I. We both own a home (mine is going on the market next week.....yikes!) And have all we need. So we wouldn't be doing a registry. We'll be sending out invites real soon. We found the website honeyfund.com to use as sort of a honeymoon registry and then we would donate half the money to a charity. Is that ok? Or should we just not do anything and since we won't have a registry people will do what they want?
    Honeyfund or any other honeymoon/cash registry are all extremely rude.  Please do not do this.

If you truly "have all you need," just don't register for anything.  Many people will likely still give you cash because it's just a popular wedding gift.  Once you receive the cash, it's up to you what to do with it, including donating it if you so desire.

I would not mention the charitable donation, though.  Just quietly make the donation after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thanks for all your input. We will not be doing the registry and will just not register anywhere.

YOU GUYS. Someone has listened to good, logical advice!
  • Thanks for all your input. We will not be doing the registry and will just not register anywhere.
    Hi. I like you. :)

You're cool.  Stick around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Lol! We'll I thought that was the point if asking a question.
  • Lol! We'll I thought that was the point if asking a question.
    You'd be amazed at how many people don't understand that concept. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards