Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Throwing a Joint Bachelor/Bachelorette Party,I Want to Invite Friends that Aren't Invited to Wedding

Hello,

My Fiance and I are relatively young, and he is in the military. He has a VERY large immediate family (Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents). We are flat broke just affording a very basic wedding for the close family (60 people).

We wanted to throw a joint bachelor/bachelorette party, because there are only two or three of our friends/family that will be in attendance as our wedding party.
But we wanted to invite all of our friends and just have a massive themed party. There will be no admittance fee, nor will there be any gifts. We just want to celebrate with our friends.

Is it tacky to invite these people to a party when they aren't invited to the wedding? I don't' want to hurt anyone's feelings either.

It will be a little hard to throw a POST wedding part as we are going to be moving either out west or overseas shortly after since he is military.

Can someone give me some tips and maybe some advice, ideas?

Thank you guys so much!

Re: Throwing a Joint Bachelor/Bachelorette Party,I Want to Invite Friends that Aren't Invited to Wedding

• Options
    I second the above. Throw a barbecue/house party/random party for the whole gang. The second you call it a bachelor/ette it becomes wedding-related, and it's just not polite to invite people to a pre-wedding party and not follow up with a wedding invite.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    It's rude to throw a party in your honor regardless of who you invite, so no matter what, you two should not be throwing your own b-parties. You only get those if someone offers them as a gift. And in that case, yes, it's rude to invite people to those and not the wedding. BUT a big theme party (assuming the theme isn't wedding) sounds like a lot of fun. Assuming it isn't wedding related, I see no reason why you can't throw that kind of party.
  • Options
    my immediate thought when reading the title was "No."

But as PPs suggest, there's no reason you can't host a big get together without the title of Bachelor/Bachelorette party.
  • Options

I think that your new idea sounds great! Who doesn't love to drink and be silly?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Can I come? A circus party sounds awesome.

• Options
    It was going to be a Circus themed party, since a lot of our friends are entertainers. Thank you guys, that is a great idea!! I'll forgo the 'Title' and just throw a massive themed party so we can all hang out, drink and be silly. :3
    I think this is a great solution!

I'll PM you my address so you can send me an invite--sounds FUN!  :)

Anniversary

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Can everyone who calls us bitches come read this post, please? 

This was awesome.

I'd also like to join the circus (themed party).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards