Wedding Invitations & Paper

Hotel accommodations card - quick question

For those of you who are using these, did you put them in every invite or just the out-of-town invites?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hotel accommodations card - quick question

• I put them in every invite. You never know who may not want to drive home. I know some of my local friends with kids are planning on making an overnight getaway out of it. The only thing I put in only certain invitations was the note about kids' meals, just in those invitations where I was inviting children.

• Thanks @lolo883. I had a feeling I was over-thinking it anyway.

How did you note the kid's plate option? On the actual response card or on a separate card? I also have a few people who are gluten-free (medical issue) so I'm trying to figure out how to fit that in. I'm thinking I may just call them and keep it easy.

• My response cards only had people select between chicken, fish and vegetarian, and a line at the bottom for dietary restrictions. Then on the kids' meal card, I said something like:

"A kids' meal is available for our younger guests. Children will be served organic chicken fingers, buttered noodles and vegetables, plus a fruit cup in place of the salad course. Please write in the number of kids' meals required on your RSVP card. 

Older kids may choose the adult entree if they prefer." 

I didn't want to list a line for kids' meals on the RSVP and have people assume that all kids were invited, because they're not. I didn't list an age cutoff for ordering the adult meal because my venue didn't require it and I know some of the 10-13 year olds are super picky and would not like our entrees. So far, so good. All of the families with kids have chosen the kids' meal, and we've gotten a few gluten-free and allergy notes as well.

• My response cards only had people select between chicken, fish and vegetarian, and a line at the bottom for dietary restrictions. Then on the kids' meal card, I said something like:

"A kids' meal is available for our younger guests. Children will be served organic chicken fingers, buttered noodles and vegetables, plus a fruit cup in place of the salad course. Please write in the number of kids' meals required on your RSVP card. 

Older kids may choose the adult entree if they prefer." 

I didn't want to list a line for kids' meals on the RSVP and have people assume that all kids were invited, because they're not. I didn't list an age cutoff for ordering the adult meal because my venue didn't require it and I know some of the 10-13 year olds are super picky and would not like our entrees. So far, so good. All of the families with kids have chosen the kids' meal, and we've gotten a few gluten-free and allergy notes as well.
    I had this same thought. Looks like I'm on the right track! Just trying to make it as easy as possible for my peeps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards