Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation wording - is this accurate?

ElcaBElcaB member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
Here is our invitation wording. If you don't mind having a read & letting me know if it's written properly, I'd greatly appreciate it!

(Invitation)
Together with their families
ElcaB & FI
Invite you to celebrate their wedding
Date Time
VenueVenue Address Line 1Venue Address Line 2
Dinner, dancing, and merriment to follow.

(Response Card)
We hope you can join us! Please reply by Date.
M_______________________________________
⇯ Yes! We wouldn't miss it for the world.    Number attending: ____⇯ No, we are unable to attend but will be celebrating in spirit!
I promise to hit the dance floor if I hear _____________________(song) by __________________(artist).

(We're also planning to include a business card-size enclosure with our wedding website.)

So, how did we do? Did we leave anything out? Screw up? Are they perfect?

ETF: Spacing.

Re: Invitation wording - is this accurate?

• Options
    ElcaB said:
    Here is our invitation wording. If you don't mind having a read & letting me know if it's written properly, I'd greatly appreciate it!

(Invitation)
    ElcaB and FI
    Request the pleasure of your company at their marriage
    Date Time
    VenueVenue Address Line 1Venue Address Line 2
    Reception to follow

(Response Card)
    We hope you can join us! Kindly respond by Date.
    ⇯ Yes! We wouldn't miss it for the world.    Number attending: ____⇯ No, we are unable to attend but will be celebrating in spirit!
    I promise to hit the dance floor if I hear _____________________(song) by __________________(artist).

(We're also planning to include a business card-size enclosure with our wedding website.)

I made some changes to the invitation.  I changed the "dinner, dancing..." portion only because "reception to follow" is the appropriate wording, but personally I don't mind what you had.

I changed the other wording so that those invited know that they are attending a marriage ceremony and not just a wedding celebration.

For the RSVP I eliminated the first part because that is just kind of assumed by your invited guests. I mean why else would you be sending them an invite if you didn't want them to join you?

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    edited July 2014
    Eek! When I was deleting our real names I must have deleted the "Invite you to celebrate their marriage" part. 

Thanks for the suggestions, @Maggie0829! We'll probably keep the "Dinner, dancing, & merriment to follow." Our wedding isn't very formal or traditional, but I like your other changes. 

ETF: The signals from my brain to my fingers aren't functioning properly today.
  • Options
    Welcome! I agree with you about the dinner, dancing and merriment part. I like it and am personally a fan when it is kind of spelled out what I am to expect at the reception.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited July 2014
    OK.  Here is the semi-traditional wording:

(Invitation)
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    request the pleasure of your company
    as they are united in marriage
    Day, date
    t
    ime o'clock
    VenueVenue
    Address Line
    City, State

Reception to follow

(Response Card)
    Please reply by Date.

accept.
    Number attending: ____

send regrets.

Dance request
    (song) by __________________(artist).

I am sorry, but it is not proper to describe "dinner, merriment and dancing".  It sounds like bragging.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ElcaB said:

(Invitation)
    ElcaB 
    & and
    FI
    Invite you to celebrate their wedding (this is informal but not incorrect - "request the pleasure of your company at their wedding" is more formal for a non-religious venue)
    Date (e.g. - Saturday, the first of November)
    Time (e.g. - half after four o'clock)
    Venue
    Venue Address Line 1
    Venue Address Line 2

Dinner, dancing, and merriment to follow. (this doesn't bother me personally, but it is definitely an indication that the wedding is informal)

(Response Card)
    We hope you can join us! (also informal) Please reply by Date.

Overall, I think it's great. Very excited for you that you're to this point now! :) I made a few suggestions. Overall, the wording choices indicate that the wedding is not at all formal, so just something to consider depending on the feel you want for your event.

ETF: paragraphs - wth TK!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    Thanks, @southernbelle0915! We're definitely not having a fancy schmancy wedding, so I think it works. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards