Chit Chat

**UPDATE** Knot Cancer T-shirts! Your opinion is needed!!

Hi guys, I finally have an update on the shirts! Zazzle never got back to me, but I found a site called Booster that is specifically designed for selling products for donations. I have a few questions on the design, can you please take this survey to let me know what your preferences are: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/698NG8C I got all set up with an account, but there is some limitations. 1. We have to have six orders for shirts to ship and 2. We can't have multiple designs :( We can have two colors but not different designs. We can do multiple Boosters of different designs, we just need to hit the minimum. I have a few questions since we have these restrictions. To make it easy to keep track of people's preferences I made a Survey Monkey poll: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/698NG8C Here's the two designs for question 2: (1) image (2) image This is what I have set up right now: https://www.booster.com/knotcancer I tried to pick a shirt that was both high quality and feminine, but also gave the max amount to charity. Some of the other shirts had way less margin for donations. I also set the price at $25 to maximize the donation for each shirt. I have set up the drive to donate all money raised to the Cancer Research Institute. This charity has super high ratings on Charity Navigator and goes towards our original desire to fund research for all cancers. Unfortunately, the National Cancer Institute was not an option. When we finalize the design, I'll post screen shots of the set up with the charity information. I can't get back there right now to capture it.

Re: **UPDATE** Knot Cancer T-shirts! Your opinion is needed!!

• I like "Fight Cancer" better. Just because I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing "Eff" on my shirt. But I'm weird.

• emmaaa said:
    I like "Fight Cancer" better. Just because I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing "Eff" on my shirt. But I'm weird.
    Seconded.
  • (I also took the survey)
  • emmaaa said:
    I like "Fight Cancer" better. Just because I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing "Eff" on my shirt. But I'm weird.
    I'm with you on that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw man. I'm totally a dirty sailor but I really wanted the "F \_/ ck Cancer" design!

• Aw man. I'm totally a dirty sailor but I really wanted the "F \_/ ck Cancer" design!
    I wanted that one too!

But given the Fight/Eff options, I'd definitely prefer Fight.  (And I took the survey)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

I wanted that one too!

But given the Fight/Eff options, I'd definitely prefer Fight.  (And I took the survey)

Yeah I wanted that one too. Lol.
    Haha, me too! But given the two choiches, I prefer "fight".
  • CMGragain said:
    Don't you DARE wear a shirt with the F bomb on it for ME!
    Haha.  Good point.  Fight is more appropriate and ladylike. :)

How are you doing with your radiation treatment @CMGragain?  I have no idea how that works-- will you be in the hospital for long?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It's nothing compared to what I went through six years ago with my original breast cancer!  I drive to the hospital, check in with a quick swipe card, and go to radiation.  The put me on the table, screw down my custom mesh mask so I can't move my head, and then leave the room while I'm zapped.  Then I go home.   Nothing.
    The last time around, the radiation was much higher, and after several weeks I developed severe skin burns surrounding what used to be my right breast.  Fortunately, the plastic surgeon was still able to work with it, and he did a great reconstruction job, so I look good with my clothes on.  Off, well, you can see the burn scars, but nobody except DH gets to see that, and he's just happy I'm still here.
    I was told that I will get a half-sunburn, like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but it will fade.  My left eye lense will be cooked, and in about two years I will need cataract surgery, but that is a small price to pay to get ride of this tumor!  It does swell up a bit after a few hours, but my doctor gave me a steroid pill to help that.  It's making me jumpy, though.
    Thanks for your thoughts!  No cussin'!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I picked the 'Fight' one for you CM (:
  • CMGragain said:
    Wellllllll then it'll be for my sister, who kicked cervical cancer's ass. Or my mom/skin cancer. :-p I'll wear Fight Cancer for you.

• CMGragain said:
    It's nothing compared to what I went through six years ago with my original breast cancer!  I drive to the hospital, check in with a quick swipe card, and go to radiation.  The put me on the table, screw down my custom mesh mask so I can't move my head, and then leave the room while I'm zapped.  Then I go home.   Nothing.
    The last time around, the radiation was much higher, and after several weeks I developed severe skin burns surrounding what used to be my right breast.  Fortunately, the plastic surgeon was still able to work with it, and he did a great reconstruction job, so I look good with my clothes on.  Off, well, you can see the burn scars, but nobody except DH gets to see that, and he's just happy I'm still here.
    I was told that I will get a half-sunburn, like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but it will fade.  My left eye lense will be cooked, and in about two years I will need cataract surgery, but that is a small price to pay to get ride of this tumor!  It does swell up a bit after a few hours, but my doctor gave me a steroid pill to help that.  It's making me jumpy, though.
    Thanks for your thoughts!  No cussin'!
    Glad to hear it's going so well!  Kick that cancer's butt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Took the survey.  I'd probably buy one of each if they were both available but if I have to choose one, it'll be Fight since I can wear it more places.
    Anniversary
  • So can I buy one yet? I'd buy both if they were both available. The "eff" cancer would be a gym shirt and the "Fight Cancer" a work shirt on Fridays. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would prefer "Fight Cancer" due to CMGragain's opinion.  Also, I really dislike shirts that have dates/years on them.
  • doeydo said:
    I would prefer "Fight Cancer" due to CMGragain's opinion.  Also, I really dislike shirts that have dates/years on them.
    Funny, I'm the opposite.  I actually love T-shirts with years on them more as they get older.  I get nostalgic about T-shirts.  Somewhere I actually have a shirt from my elementary school class with the big year number and all the kids' names inside it.  It was so oversized for Little JC then that it actually fits me now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Took the survey, chose fight.  Although my absolute favorite, except the fact that it was a cuss word, was the one with the ring prongs as the "u" in the f word.  It was so cool!  I wish there was some way to incorporate that into a non-cussing design.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yay! Thank you all for your great ideas. I agreed that the F\/CK Cancer logo was awesome! Maybe we can do that for the next booster.

Here's a link to the now live fund raiser: https://www.booster.com/knotcancer

All proceeds will go to the Cancer Research Institute!

I'll make another thread with the final booster too.
  • I didn't get to take the survey because I did not have a chance to get on yesterday evening or much this AM, but I love the shirts! I do prefer the "fight" over "eff" myself.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards