Snarky Brides

After 6 months away I had to come back to share this...

A co-worker of mine is standing up in a family wedding and the bride is a true ZILLA. There have been NUMEROUS stories all year long but this one just irked me the wrong way. The bride is getting married this weekend and today she posted on facebook..."To those of you who RSVP'd and don't think you will be making it now...please keep in mind that we are playing for each plate and you can easily be replaced so I would appreciate it if you would just let me know if you plan on not coming now." I wanted to punch her through social media. GTFO!

Re: After 6 months away I had to come back to share this...

• Wow. I usually only lurk on this board but I have to say WTF?! I would probably decide to change my 'yes' to a 'no' if I saw a FaceBook post like that!

• Apparently this status was sparked because so many people are sick of her bridezilla shenanigans that they don't want to go to the wedding anymore and she found out people were feeling this way.
  • Goddamn. I hope she realizes how easily replaceable bitches like her are.

Anniversary
  • I'm pretty sure I would no show that wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Good luck to her FI with that one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yeah, that would make me a no show...
  • OMG, that's ridiculous. 1) Facebook should never be the forum for wedding messages in my book. Yes it's convenient but things like Facebook wedding invites, etc. irk me. Nothing else screams "I'm cheap and don't care" than sending a wedding invite via that website. 2) To tell everyone that they are replaceable is both insulting to those invited and to those you have now told will be just replacements. Seriously?

I probably wouldn't pull an official no show but i would definitely wait until last minute to tell her I changed my mind and wasn't coming.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• chibiyui said:
    Goddamn. I hope she realizes how easily replaceable bitches like her are.
    This. You are hilarious and so right. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards