Wedding Woes
Options

Hello Wedding Woes!

I have made it home.  DH and I had a fantastic time. 

Friday night we got in and relaxed a bit.  The B&B was 124 years old.  It was beautiful and our room was lovely.  We went to dinner, walked around the lake a bit, then had a few cocktails.

Saturday morning we came down to breakfast.  We were about 1/2 the age of the other 2 couples.  Every morning was a sit down breakfast that was to die for.  We were waited on! We wandered around the little shops and art show going on then sat and people watched and watched a couple of bands.  Saturday night was cooking class.  We learned a few things, had a lot of laughs (and wine), and made some really good food.

Sunday morning was another great breakfast then off for a 6 hr wine tour.  We hit 6 wineries, a meadery, and a distiller. We brought home some great stuff.

Monday was breakfast then hitting the road. 

I got back with the kids this pm and now it's laundry and grocery and reality.  It was awesome though.

Re: Hello Wedding Woes!

• Options
    YAY!  Sounds like an amazing time.  :D    
  • Options
    @6fsn you were in the Finger Lakes this weekend, right?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yes I was. If you are looking for something fun, the culinary school was awesome.
  • Options

FI and I have been meaning to check out the cooking classes there. We love eating in the bistro upstairs but haven't taken any classes. We were at the festival on Saturday as well, to check out the food trucks.

Which B&B did you stay at (I only ask as FI and I used to live in the back apt of a B&B right in the area).

• Options
    :: takes notes ::
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    We were at Bella Rose.  The class was really fun.  It's kind of pricey, but it was 3 hrs with lots of wine and dinner.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited July 2014
    I know that your husband doesn't smile in pictures, but you'd think all of the booze might have resulted in a smile or two. Sounds like you guys had an amazing time.
  • Options
    Sounds fun and romantical.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards