Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

My turn- check my invite wording, please

The font for our invites is in all caps so I'm not worried about proper capitalization (because of the font- normally I'm a grammar fanatic). I want to be sure it looks right before we print. Our wedding is not in a church and we are hosting it ourselves. 

The pleasure of your company is requested 
at the marriage of 
CTYankeeBride
to 
CTYankeeGroom, Junior
Friday, the fourteenth of November
two thousand fourteen 
at six o'clock in the evening 

Venue Name 
Venue Street Address
City, Connecticut 

Reception to follow

*edited because TK swallowed my line breaks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My turn- check my invite wording, please

• Options
    Looks good to me, except junior is lower case.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thanks!  I missed that entirely- we were initially going to abbreviate (which is upper case I think) but I didn't like the way it looked. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I missed that entirely- we were initially going to abbreviate (which is upper case I think) but I didn't like the way it looked. 
    No abbreviations are allowed except Mr., Mrs., or Ms.  Even "Doctor" must be written out in full,
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Ah, I wasn't positive on that. Crane's says it is acceptable but less formal to abbreviate "junior" and that "doctor" may be abbreviated when paired with a long name but I'm in agreement that both really should be written out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Using "in the evening" is not necessary - it's not wrong, but not necessary. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Agreed, but I did have a cousin get married at 7 a.m. and people were confused (they thought her invites had been printed incorrectly) so I'm not taking any chances ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards