Wedding Invitations & Paper

Ceremony Location on Invite Etiquette - How to convey where they should go?

I am going over the wording of my invitation before ordering and I have discovered a potential issue. I am getting married at a very large church campus, but I am using a small chapel located on the campus. How do I word the invitation so people will know where to go and not mistakenly go to the larger main building sanctuary? I originally had just the name of the church and then the location.

Re: Ceremony Location on Invite Etiquette - How to convey where they should go?

• Does the separate chapel have its own name? Or would something like, "The chapel of suchandsuch church" work? I'd also make sure you have signs that indicate where people should go. Ask if the church will have ushers/staff on hand to help direct your guests.
  • Signs.  Signs.  Signs.

Also, is there a way you can make a small map of the campus and then highlight the route to the church?

• In addition to PDKH and Maggie's suggestions, I would also have an insert with a map of the campus and where to go. Ditto that info on your website.
    *********************************************************************************

• I got married on a building on a golf course that wasn't the main clubhouse. I put "The (name of building) at (name of country club)" on the invitations. I also included a map in the invites that showed the location of the parking lot and building in relation to the main country club. Everyone was able to figure it out.
  • These are very good suggestions.

I have found a very good map of the church online. Is a map expected to be printed on nice paper? 
  • emanon321 said:
    These are very good suggestions.

I have found a very good map of the church online. Is a map expected to be printed on nice paper? 
    @emanon321 - I would just go to a craft store and buy a pack of cardstock that coordinates with your invite colors and print it on that.  You don't need to print it on anything super fancy.

• emanon321 said:
    These are very good suggestions.

@emanon321 - I would just go to a craft store and buy a pack of cardstock that coordinates with your invite colors and print it on that.  You don't need to print it on anything super fancy.
    Wonderful! Thank you.
  • Chapel Full Name
    Church Full Name
    Street Address
    City, State
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards