Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you so much, Wedding Wire, for this helpful tip!

Received a link to this in my WW email today! https://www.depositagift.com/signup Ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you so much, Wedding Wire, for this helpful tip!

• Wow! That's great! Now I can register for cash! I never knew how to do that before! Awesome!
  • I love how it says "the polite way" to ask for cash.... because there is such a thing!
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Oh goodness no.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I love who they keep saying "IT'S FREE" when it's not...

Signing-up for our service and creating your fundraising site is always free. There are no contracts, no monthly or yearly fees, or hidden costs. Our pricing is uncomplicated, transparent, and importantly, the lowest in the crowdfunding market. It's a pay-as-you-go model, and the cost is between 2-4 cents on the dollar depending on how much you are planning to raise.

For full details, see How It Works & click 'Choose The Plan' under POPULAR FEATURES:

• Basic Plan: 4% DAG platform fee (no upfront cost) + cc
    • Full Service Plan: $49 one-time flat charge reduces your DAG platform fee to 3% + cc
    • Total Control Plan: $149 one-time flat charge reduces your DAG platform fee to 2% + cc

Deposit a Gift is the most customizable fundraising solution you can find. All of the incremental money that you raise from having a super-social marketing tool at your fingertips to raise awareness for your cause should more than make up for our fee. You pay for what you raise, so it's a low-risk way to give this innovative new way to fundraise a try...Why not? If it doesn't work, you pay nothing. If it does, you simply pay for what you raise and it is deducted at the time of cash-out.

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I just can't even understand this.

If people want to give you money....THEY.  WILL.  GIVE.  YOU.  MONEY.  My aunts and uncles and grandparents figured out how to give me birthday checks years ago.  Do they suddenly get amnesia when I put on a veil?
    Anniversary

• So we're just skipping the bullshit of paying for a honeymoon now. This is just straight up give me cash.
  • Whenever a snowflake comes on asking about honeyfunds and what not, let's just post this link then be done with them! This is the answer they are all looking for!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love who they keep saying "IT'S FREE" when it's not...

Signing-up for our service and creating your fundraising site is always free. There are no contracts, no monthly or yearly fees, or hidden costs. Our pricing is uncomplicated, transparent, and importantly, the lowest in the crowdfunding market. It's a pay-as-you-go model, and the cost is between 2-4 cents on the dollar depending on how much you are planning to raise.

For full details, see How It Works & click 'Choose The Plan' under POPULAR FEATURES:

• Basic Plan: 4% DAG platform fee (no upfront cost) + cc
    • Full Service Plan: $49 one-time flat charge reduces your DAG platform fee to 3% + cc
    • Total Control Plan: $149 one-time flat charge reduces your DAG platform fee to 2% + cc

Deposit a Gift is the most customizable fundraising solution you can find. All of the incremental money that you raise from having a super-social marketing tool at your fingertips to raise awareness for your cause should more than make up for our fee. You pay for what you raise, so it's a low-risk way to give this innovative new way to fundraise a try...Why not? If it doesn't work, you pay nothing. If it does, you simply pay for what you raise and it is deducted at the time of cash-out.

I was just about to post this.   

Sure it's free to sign up, but it's not free to use.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • ugh, the term 'crowdfunding' just gives me the heebie jeebies...
  • The headline is ridiculous.
    "Want money instead of gifts?..."

So, the cash isn't a gift??? Does this mean when the brides only get cash they'll start bitching about how they didn't even get a basket fill with marshmallow fluff or a toaster?
  • I've been married for TOO many years to count...so, I can totally answer questions about weddings.  But, about the cash for gifts and crowdfunding, it's REAL and people do it.  I actually work for a crowdfunding platform and would be glad to help answer any questions that you have.  MoveYourMountain.org  

From your website:

Move Your Mountain Fundraising Fees

You can create an account and page on Move Your Mountain for free. Once you raise money, fees are taken out of the donations and you are given the remaining amount. The fee is 4% plus processing fees. Fees are the same regardless of the type of fundraiser you choose.
  • I've been married for TOO many years to count...so, I can totally answer questions about weddings.  But, about the cash for gifts and crowdfunding, it's REAL and people do it.  I actually work for a crowdfunding platform and would be glad to help answer any questions that you have.  MoveYourMountain.org  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Why bother?  Set up a kickstarter account!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Funny thing. DH and I didn't register for anything since we've already lived together for over a decade. There were no showers or pre-wedding parties. Even when people asked us what we wanted, we were honest and said we were not in want or need of anything - we just wanted to throw a great party for our nearest and dearest so they could have fun, eat delicious food, and drink free beverages all night. Almost every single person who came to the wedding gave us cash or a check (a few gave nothing, we got a donation from one couple, and gift cards from another). I have on idea how they figured out that giving money was an option without us setting up a honeyfund! And wouldn't you know, we didn't have to pay any fees to get that money.
    I know it's quite shocking how guests are able to figure this out on their own.   It's almost like they already knew how to write a check or put cash in an envelope.   Amazing, how it is possible for them to know what to do without paying some website?

Shocking.  Simply shocking.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • At least this one is honest about being greedy and people know they are donating cash!  Ever hear of zankyou.com?  It's a cash registry disguised as a real registry.   A coworker of mine used it, and my boss was organizing a gift for him from our department - I had to pull her aside and tell her they weren't real gifts.  I felt pretty bad when she told me she had already bought him something on her own!

LOL @ crowdfunding.  People have BALLS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards