Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews 7/20/14

I'm going to start this off by saying that being married is truly a magical thing! I love it!
I'm going to do two reviews on the Flamingo the hotel and the chapel b/c they have two different grades

Flamingo Indoor Garden Chapel~ A+++++++!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely loved this Chapel, the staff were excellent, it was sooo beautiful! Started right on time, the songs were exactly how I wanted them, they didn't mess up on them. Every one raved about how pretty it was! My Wedding coordinator was always right on point with emails and was extremely professional there! Loved it so much!

Flamingo Hotel~ D
I'm only giving it a D instead of a F b/c the room we actually got was great. We booked everything thru Doug the VIP Manager, my BIL arrived a day earlier and he looked at both rooms, we had the Metropolitan Suite, they had it on file as the Cosmopolitan Suite and argued with my SIL who books everything thru her work ( she has email confirmations of what room we had) it was like a nasty bachelor party room, stains everywhere of everything you can imagine! the carpet was black supposed to be cream, the black light was GROSSSSSSSSSSSS of what was shown, We have pictures that show the nastiness of this room. We then had to PAY for the upgrade for the Metropolitan Suite b/c Doug didn't have it listed right and it made us look like the a*******, so when we arrive we went to the Metropolitan Suite, which was awesome! perfect view! LITTLE did I know that the Cromwell next to us would be our worst nightmare LOL The new Drai club that is there blasts their music until 4am now I'm not talking just a little bit, we are in a seperate hotel, far from the Cromwell, and  the bass and guy blabbering on the microphone, that kept ALL of us up until 4am three kids that wake up at 5am every day so we all got a hour of sleep the 4 nights we were there, the worst part? It shook our walls, windows and floors b/c it was that loud, granted I know Vegas is a party city but come on!
I was seriously embarrassed for my guests, now I know there are some people who have said the rooms were great, out of 15 rooms, 13 rooms had mold all over the calking in the tubs, carpet ripped in some, moldy shower curtains, the hallways smelled like cat piss, smoke and weed.  We will never stay at this hotel again. The Managers didn't give a crap, no complimentary nothing for anything. 

Drago Sisters~ A, tasted good and arrived on time, We only ate one piece and the guests ate the cupcakes. No complaints.

Thunder Down Under A+ we had a blast! I definitely recommend this!

Presidential Limousine A+ The driver was early, super nice, and gave us extra time! 

Fit For a Bride~ Not sure, she canceled on me the day before our wedding so I had to come up with some kind of steaming for my dress...that was fun! 

Albertsons~ A, the platters were a hit and everyone loved them

Harmony Tapia (Medina) A++++++++++++++++++ I am soooo glad I went with her, she is such a amazing person, right on time, our hair and makeup held up the whole day, I have never felt more beautiful in my life! I wasn't to sure at first when I saw the makeup but the whole package...everyone gasped and whistled when I walked up the aisle. 

I do suggest you take the welcome bags to the front desk pay the fee and have them pass them out, b/c everyone arrived at different times I was not able to pass them out.

I say have a blast, don't worry about etiquette, remember you aren't there to impress everyone but to marry the man you love! Good luck ladies!

Re: Reviews 7/20/14

• congrats on all of it.  Sucks about the hotel aspect tho.  I would write reviews on yelp and all that jazz.  Word of mouth is everything.  Did you show them the pics of the rooms? 
  • OMG sorry for all the issues you had with steaming and hotel. Makes me a little worried as we have room blocks at Flamingo. 

Congrats though! Can't wait to see pics :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm going to try and post pics from my phone, my wifi is super slow tonight!!! 

we were on the 26th floor, the first room was on the 27th, we had guests on the other side of 26th floor, that smelled like cat piss and garbage on the carpet in the hallway, the 3rd floor, 7th, and 13th so maybe the other floors rooms were good LOL!!!!!!
  • Congratulations! I've been waiting to see your pictures and read your reviews! Sucks about the hotel but you came home a married woman!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks @shoebunnie!!! yes i'm excited about that! 
    here is the pic link~ http://proofing.imaginestudioslv.com/ july 2014, 7/20/14, garcia, password garciam and you will see us:)
  • Awwwww!!!!  @garciavegas2014, you look so pretty!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS, MRS!!!!

I told you that dress train was going to look amazing coming down the aisle and it sure did! 
    And I forgot you had those Seahawks heels!  How cool are those?

Sorry to hear about the rooms but I hope the rest of your trip is filled with newlywed bliss instead of cat piss and garbage.  LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks @dbacksgirl!!! I truly felt so beautiful! I couldn't look at him walking up the aisle, he did photoshop people out as i was walking up the aisle b/c it was packed in there lol! and you can't really see the jewels on my dress but I LOVE them!!!
  • Your dress is so beautiful! Congrats !
  • You looked stunning! I love the shoes! Thanks so much for sharing your photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats girl! Thanks for all the great reviews!
  • You're beautiful!! Pics are great! Is that your son?! Adorable!!!!
  • thank you ladies!
    yes that is our son, and my daughter was the flower girl and my step daughter was a bridesmaid

I also went to the QUA spa:)
  • mspennmspenn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Loved your pictures!!  Your son was too cute :)
  • Soooo beautiful!! I thought your dress was messed up?! It looks great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beautiful pictures!
  • @shoebunnie, my friend came and saved the day two days before we left!!! she re-did my corset, took off a bunch on the front to even it out, it looked amazing! 
  • so glad it was awesome! Im petrified of the Flamingo now! we are staying there, and I have recommended it highly to most of my guests... Ive stayed there before as have my parents and it was great! Im so worried now!

• So glad that it worked out! It was beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I honestly was against the Flamingo from the beginning, I stayed there twice 10 years ago and I hated it for the same reasons, I have the pictures on my phone but it won't let me load on here. This time my SIL convinced me that it was fabulous, granted our room was nice AFTER we had to pay to be upgraded we were room 26078, amazing view tho. but the music in our room and ALL the guests that stayed there I was so embarrassed and we were the budget wedding, I was pissed that they had to spend the $135 group rate a night for the first night and lower after that...Ive read on the facebook some of the same stuff that happened to us ....it's a great location, we ended up paying over $2000 for our room for that price I could have went some where else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards