Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

What is a "typical" photography package? What did you do?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering what you typically "get" with photographers. Now I don't have many married friends yet and I'm the first in my family to get hitched,  so you'll have to excuse me if I sound totally clueless because, well, I kind of am! Haha. 

I am browsing around and see that some offer to give you their thumbdrives. My FI's friend had tons and tons of pictures that her photographers give her - is that something that's included in the package? Or are you expected to print the ones you want off the thumbdrive (&, consequently spend more money printing out hundreds of pictures)? 

So basically I'm wondering - is it the norm to get a thumbdrive or do some photographers offer to print X amount of photos for you beforehand? If the latter, how many pictures did they offer to print? Thanks!

Jenn

Re: What is a "typical" photography package? What did you do?

• Options
    Packages vary.  We got high res digital photos and a nice album.  We printed a few photos for our parents and for frames in our house, but we just ordered off of Shutterfly.  Some packages I saw included a few 8x10s or 5x7s, but that was pretty much the extent of prints.
  • Options
    Our photographer comes the online gallery, the all day shoot, and a wedding album of 25 images selected by the client from the gallery for $2000. If we wanted a usb with the copyrights, that was an additional $500. Engagement shoots last around 2 - 3 hours. Engagement shoots are $350. A usb drive with image release is $100 and there are at least 35 fully edited images in an engagement gallery.

Our photographer though, only books 1 wedding a week though, if someone books a Friday wedding he won't book a Saturday wedding and so forth. We had our engagement photos taken on Sunday 7/20, had proofs back on 7/21, and our usb in the mail on 7/22. He gets your photos back to you within a week, we love his personality (an Englishman), his work, that he calls you darling, dear, and all the things that your dad would call you even though he isn't your dad. So for us it was worth paying the price even though to some, we may not be getting much out of it. We also can choose to print pictures directly off of the photo website 8X10, 5X7, canvas's too that we log into to see our photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Engagement pics (was supposed to be 2 hours, photographer ended up spending three with us and didn't charge though), and two photographers on-site at wedding (one for 6 hours, one for eight hours to capture the getting ready, etc.); all photos on discs.

I could've paid more for albums and prints, but I could do it more cheaply on my own with shutterfly.  And that way I could spend more time choosing what to put in and how to lay it out.
  • Options
    Our photographer offered a variety of packages. My priorities were:

- eight hours of coverage
    - a CD/USB drive with all the edited photos so I can make my own albums, prints, etc.

We also opted for the second shooter and engagement session. Personally, I'd never pay for photography that didn't include the files.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards