Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Hair and makeup for engagement photos?

Did you or will you be having your hair and/or makeup done for your engagement photos? I think I could do my makeup well enough, but of course not as good as a professional, but my hair is a different story. I am completely hair, handicapped.

Just wanted to see what the majority of people do.

Re: Hair and makeup for engagement photos?

• I did my own hair for the engagement photos, even though I hired a pro for my wedding day. For the engagement shoot, I wanted to look pretty much like I do every day, so I wore my hair down. I did my own makeup for both and used the engagement shoot to practice my wedding look.
  • I intended to do my own hair (it is naturally curly) but I was having a bad hair day so I went to my stylist and she was able to give it a little boost with her curling iron.  It looked amazing and I wish it looked like that every day.

I went to Sephora and had them do my make-up for "free" with a purchase.  It took longer than I expected, but it looked nice in the pictures.

For me I wanted to look like myself, just a better version of myself.  My hair is normally curly so I didn't want to straighten it, I just wanted it to look a little better than it does everyday.  The same with my make up...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I had makeup professionally done.  Had blowout that morning, photos were in afternoon.  Curled hair myself that afternoon.  The blowout just kept it smoother.
  • I never wear makeup, so I went and got my makeup done to see if I wanted makeup for my wedding. I also got my hair done as well, by my normal hair lady, the most I can do is throw it up in a pony tail and straighten it, especially after working in a hospital, and I wanted it curly, it was all worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did not have either done professionally for our engagement pics. I do my makeup daily for work (I'm an actor), so I have a lot of experience in long lasting makeup application. I just toned it down and used more matte finish shadows/blush. I also did my own hair. I wanted to look like I do when I "do my hair" for church or a dinner date. I just used a little more product to combat flyaways and flat ironed it. For me, spending extra money for someone to do it all for me just for e-pics seemed silly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards