Illinois-Chicago

Southwest suburban venues -- advice/recs needed

Hi Knotties,

I'm looking to have my wedding in Chicago's southwest suburbs, and there are 7 venues that we're considering:
-DiNolfo's in Homer Glen
-DiNolfo's in Mokena
-DoubeTree in Alsip
-Hilton in Oak Lawn
-Odyssey Country Club in Orland Park
-Riviera Country Club in Orland Park
-Gaelic Park in Oak Forest

The groom and I live out of town (I grew up in the southwest Chicago suburbs), so we need as much info as we can get!  My family is based mostly in and around Hickory Hills/Palos Hills, IL.  We're looking to take tours and possibly book a venue soon.

Has anyone had any experience with these venues?  Have other people out there considered these, and if so, why did you go with one over the others?  We're looking for a place that can accommodate about 200 people for cocktail hour and reception (possibly ceremony, as well) and that can be flexible with their wedding package offerings.  

Thanks to everyone taking a look at this!

Re: Southwest suburban venues -- advice/recs needed

• I don't have personal experience, but friends have gotten married at DiNolfo's Homer Glen and Odyssey.  Both had good experiences at both venues.  Something to consider for Odyssey is the time of year you are getting married.  The Midwest America Bank Amphitheatre is right outside Odyssey so if you have an outdoor wedding and there is a concert going on, you WILL hear the concert during your ceremony (which happened to TWO weddings ive been to while there.  One was a Rascal Flatts concert and the other was some heavy metal concert), so you can imagine.  And just because they don't have a concert scheduled at the time you book, doesn't mean that ne wont be booked at another point in time. Just keep that in mind.  DiNolfo's is really nice, food was good, big location, lots of parking.

Im personally not a fan of DiNolfo's in Mokena.  It looks rundown on the outside and looks a great deal smaller than the Homer Glen location.

• OMG I didn't even think about the amphitheater.  Great tip, thank you!!
  • indianaalumindianaalum member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I have been to several weddings at the Odyssey. Very nice. I didn't remember noticing any issues with the music. Its beautiful there.

I also know alot of people also like Ruffled Feathers in (Lemont, I think)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards