Just Engaged and Proposals

xp: How much for engagement pictures?

Fiancee and I moved right after getting engaged, and as a going away/Christmas present, my boss gave us an engagement photo session (we lived in CO at the time and she knew we wanted pictures of the mountains since we now live in the desert.)  Her gift was a free session on site and free 8x10.  We were sooo excited and grateful, and thrilled to get the pictures done.

We just got the pictures from the woman who took them (and the pictures were taken back in December... she claimed she never had my contact info, which isn't true cuz I have voicemails from her, but whatever).  She only got about 10 good pictures, all the rest look really corny and staged. Here's the big problem though - we asked for those 10 on a cd and she wants to charge us $95 PER PICTURE to put them on a disk. My fiancée wants to buy them, but I think that's WAY too much money for so few pictures. 

I tried researching other photographers prices for an engagement session, and most include it with the wedding photography, and the others don't list if there's a separate price for getting them on a disk.  Did anyone else get them done separate? how much was it?

I'm between just getting the 8x10 my boss paid for and going without other engagement photos, or getting new ones taken. We live out of state from where the wedding is happening though, so can't take advantage of any package deals from wedding photographers.

Re: xp: How much for engagement pictures?

• I completely agree with you that is WAY to expensive! My fiance and I just booked our engagement photo session and our photographer is charging us $225 for a 2 hr photo session with 20 high res photos, 20 watermarked prints for FB and unlimited printing for those photos. I have also contacted at least a half dozen photographers and all the sessions range from 150-250  some included the images and others did not.
  • I completely agree, those prices are insane! My fiance and I got our engagement pictures done two weeks ago out of town from where we live (Hawaii) with a local photographer and she charged us 400$ for 2 hours of her time and unlimited photos, she gave us CD's and printing rights to all of the 350 pictures she took of us. She doesn't do a lot of photoshopping but did touch up the pictures and they look fantastic. We found her on the knot and she came very highly recommended.
    If I were you I would tell that photographer her prices are ridiculous and take your business elsewhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards